Unfair Neg - buyer didnt read ad, pick up only item

selling a heavy bulky item, pick up only clearly stated in the description. also says pick up only in the post section. heres the problem. ebay have "free" pick up in the post section. when you go through checkout it says "free" postage, but i have not offered that, its not an option they can take.

so the guy buys it now, i realize hes from interstate. i send a message asking when he will collect it. he rings me and says the add says free post. i say no ir doesnt. he says it does. i point out the above. he syas i want my money back, i say no worries, but pleasse put in to cancel the order or i get a defect. he sends me a cancelation request, i agree, he gets his money back instantly, and then leaves me a negative.

i am so sick and tired of ebays unfair feedback policy. this effects my rating because hes a moron! i could put in a request to change it, but thats up to him, and he wont do it. not even worth trying.

i have messaged ebay. not holding much hope.

i tried to ring, but they wont talk to me, hubby is at work, its in his name! ill try again later.

what else can i do?

i left follow up feedback explaqining my side, saying check the item, which clearly shows pick up only, and the add says no post, pick up only. but its still just wrong.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FIXED!!

no reply to email, so , um, err, hubby rang!!Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

ring ebay and tell them to remove the neg as it clearly states free local pickup only as i read it.

and tell the buyer to go back to grade one.!!

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

WOW  you sure where unlucky with that one. I  had a look at your listing ( as per your invitation ) and it is made  100 % clear its pick-up only. Can you call ebay back on the weekend when hubby is around OR BETTER STILL, get him to request a call back on his mobile phone. I know its a pain, but you should not have to wear that Neg. 

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

what part of this cant the buyer understand... PICK UP FROM HOPPERS CROSSING OR ALTONA
(NO POSTAGE SORRY, TOO EXPENSIVE)....

to me it clealy means "no bl##dy postage"..Robot tongue

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Put the buyer on your blocked list..

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

If I were you, I would ring ebay and talk to them. Ask them to have a look at the ad.

I looked at the ad and to me it says pick up only item, I can't see anywhere it lists 'free' postage.

And down the bottom of the ad in caps it clearly says you do not post.

I think you could be in luck because the bidder specifically mentions posting in the feedback and any rep should be able to see it contradicts the ad.

In a way it is a pity you have already replied, although if ebay do not remove it, then your reply is fully warranted. It shows the bidder up for fool. I can understand a bidder making a mistake but I resent the fact they have the hide to give a seller a neg for  what is their own incompetence.

We had a similar situation a few weeks back. Our buyer knew it was pick up only but never picked up.

We put in an unpaid item dispute, he paid via paypal & said that meant we HAD to post, (which is not true) and then a few days later he applied to paypal for his money back, which he got, but at least he had to admit to them he could not pick up & my sister got her fees refunded.

I am wondering what sort of cancellation you arranged. It really should have been one based on buyer requested the cancellation.

But in any case, if it happens again, I wouldn't be so nice. Don't say anything, just put in an unpaid item dispute after a few days.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

It's possible he was using the eBay app. Once of the (many) glitches with that thing is, it shows free local pick up as free postage. EBay needs to do away with that wretched app. It causes so many problems for both buyer and seller. The only thing it's good for is hearing the sound when someone buys something or buying something that is already in your watch list. Everything else is useless.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

You don't need to ring - just email ebay with the facts that it was clearly listed as a pick up item and they will look at the listing and most likely remove the neg.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

thats a great idea, cheers, ill do that xxx
Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

done! i block everyones elses bogies i find here too!cheers
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply