FvF on sneaker sales right now?

I know eBay charges us 13.5% final value fee right now on sales, but does that include sneaker sales over $100?

I know they are part of their Authentic Guarantee program, and fees aren't charged for authentication etc, but i'm not 100% sure on FvF for these sales.

Online Chat hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I thought the authentication program applied to sales of $150  or higher.  As the authentication process is additional to the sale, I am not aware of and can see no reason why the standard FVF would not apply.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I thought the authentication program applied to sales of $150  or higher.  As the authentication process is additional to the sale, I am not aware of and can see no reason why the standard FVF would not apply.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Standard FVF would apply I would think.  13.5% + 30c

As for Authenticity -

Eligible Items in the Athletic Shoes categories must satisfy the following conditions:

1. Brands: Yeezy, Jordans, Nikes, Adidas, Vans, Converse and New Balance
  2. Price: $150+, excluding postage and any applicable taxes
  3. Condition: New
  4. Category: Men's Athletic Shoes, Women's Athletic Shoes

eBay Authenticity Guarantee | eBay

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Confirmed, only applies to sales  $150 +

Also   as below    No  "ADDITIONAL"  Fee.....   So no waiver of  standard  FVF

How much does Authenticity Guarantee cost?

Until further notice there is no additional fee for Authenticity Guarantee for either the buyer or the seller. As part of the Authenticity Guarantee service, eBay currently covers the cost of authentication, as well as fast, tracked delivery from the authentication facility to the buyer.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

ok sure i got it wrong it's over $150.

But that's not my concern, it's more the FvF now and whether it's included.

if it is, then it IS more expensive than just selling on Goat or StockX....

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@mhs_m0nk3y wrote:

Quite possibly,  but my question is has anybody heard of Goat or StockX.   You are paying for passing traffic,  those 2 have very few passers by compared to Ebay.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@mhs_m0nk3y wrote:

I just looked at Goat.   It looks scarey, 9.5% up to 25% plus 2.9% (paypal),   so even if you behave yourself you are stiill looking at 12.4%.  And thats for a web site that no one knows about.   Good luck selling

*  The amount of the commission fee is 9.5% + seller fee for a seller in good standing. The commission fee can increase to 15% + seller fee and a maximum of 25% + seller fee depending on the number of seller cancellations and verification issues, as described in more detail below

* When earnings are deposited through ACH direct deposit or PayPal, a 2.9% cash out fee will be applied.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply