Getting an error when trying to purchase shipping labels

Hi everyone!
I'm having a bit of a dilemma with purchasing a shipping label through ebay.
The buyer has chosen a Click & Collect ParcelPoint address for delivery. I didn't even realise I was signed up for it. Anyway, whether I choose Sendle or Australia Post for postage I keep getting an error messaging stating "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label". My return address is my home address and every other field looks good. So don't know why the error message keeps coming up.

I've contacted Ebay CS via their online chat and they couldn't help me. Best they could do was escalate it to their technical team with no ETA. I've also gone directly to Sendle's website to print a label there but their Click & Collect are only at Big W or Woolworth stores which is not what the buyer's Click & Collect store is. Then I went to Auspost website but because I don't sell very much I have to print labels through MyPost. Problem is they have their own Parcel Collect centres and not ParcelPoint.

So what do I do? Wait till Ebay sort their "technical" issue out and let the buyer know there will be delays?
This sucks!

Mind you Ebay has also sent me an email reminding me I need to post the item within 3 business days. I've now opted out of Click & Collect but it's too late for this buyer

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting an error when trying to purchase shipping labels

Ok I figured it out!

It looks like Ebay's shipping label purchase page has a lot of glitches when a buyer chooses a Click & Collect ParcelPoint address. I already had a Sendle account so I logged on and it gave me an option to link my Ebay account. Once I did that my sold items appeared in my Sendle account. I was then able to purchase and download the label. It did cost me a couple dollars more but it beats going through the headaches of purchasing labels from Ebay. I could've used MyPost my post as well but Sendle's postage costs were cheaper.

So hope this information helps other sellers who might be in the same situation. I have now opted out of Click & Collect and hopefully Ebay won't opt me in again in future. Thanks to all who have given me advice, much appreciated!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You could always make up your own label,  then take it to an  Australia Post outlet and pay over the counter, then manually put the tracking number into Ebay.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@sugar249, yeah I might have to do that. Thanks for your suggestion!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Hi there,  I don't know if it is still the case, (Have not had to send to parcel point for quite awhile)  the process used to have a drop down menu and (from memory) you had to change it  from  Business/Residential Address, to   Parcel Point/Parcel Locker address.

Note:  If you are signed up to mypost business, you can get online assistance 24/7

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hi @gutterpunkz05, I actually didn't see a drop down menu...are you referring to ebay's label purchasing page or Mypost? The ebay shipping label page has the buyer's delivery address already prefilled, which is the ParcelPoint click & collect address. I just have to choose the carrier I want to use and pay for it. But I get the error as soon as I click "Purchase Label". I'm not signed up for Mypost Business as I only sell on ebay casually and do not have a business. But I will look at Mypost again....thank you!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Ok I figured it out!

It looks like Ebay's shipping label purchase page has a lot of glitches when a buyer chooses a Click & Collect ParcelPoint address. I already had a Sendle account so I logged on and it gave me an option to link my Ebay account. Once I did that my sold items appeared in my Sendle account. I was then able to purchase and download the label. It did cost me a couple dollars more but it beats going through the headaches of purchasing labels from Ebay. I could've used MyPost my post as well but Sendle's postage costs were cheaper.

So hope this information helps other sellers who might be in the same situation. I have now opted out of Click & Collect and hopefully Ebay won't opt me in again in future. Thanks to all who have given me advice, much appreciated!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your post, I am also starting to have this same issue, unable to print a postage label for Sendle pick up. I might register for Sendle then and see how I go this way. I wasn't sure what you meant by 'Click and Collect' option?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Click and collect, the seller posts to a nominated store for the buyer to pick up (not sure there is as much option for that with Covid shutdowns, it may vary state to state

Sendle is a a courier broker 

And many people find one with huge issues 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Ok I just figured out what the issue is with selecting Sendle via ebay which is causing an issue with producing a postage label for me, Sendle doesn't sent to PO Boxes (addresses only), so i think this might be the issue with purchasing labels via ebay at the moment, i am yet to hear back from ebay on this...

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks so much for posting your solution, it really helped me out of a jam! 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply