Getting paid

dado6908
Community Member

How does everyone feel about eBay holding funds, undoubtedly to be invested by them, for them, on short-term money market? They take their overblown commissions, contributing nothing to the process apart from extremely flawed, greedy & unilaterally applied agency duties, & now refuse to transfer my net proceeds; this is NOT an initial transaction 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Getting paid

1.  Good for you.

2.  The sellers will pay fees on the total of the transaction.

3. Yes I know what "burr" is. Commonly used term in the UK. Many others use the term "burl".

Btw... how is your Consumer Affairs, ASIC & Media campaign going?

I too have been subject to 21 day payment holds & accepted that.

Here is some readily available information on Payment Holds.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=481...

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

1.  Well that's not a good business practice.  You need to also consider packaging, etc, oh and the eBay fee on top of that which you understood and agreed to.

And really does it matter if p9games knows what a burr is,  that wasn't the point of the response, and looking at the pi ture, it didn't look.like a quality one anyhow.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Apart from all the stuff you don't understand, why didn't you accept cash if the table was picked up?

Ebay actually encourages it.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I and other log term members here can clearly remember when postage gouging was happening on eBay, and while it wasn't the only reason that eBay included it into the GST payable on fees, it was certainly one of the main factors.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply