Goodbye FEEBAY....ANYONE ONE ELSE CLOSING ?

Due to high ridiculous fees plus the new Paypal 180 days claims period, this selling platform

is no longer viable to your average home hobby seller.

I have enjoyed reading the discussion boards for good tips and advice...Thanks to all for your

time and imput to inform others.

I am certain there will be many more to follow.

regards Poppy.

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Goodbye FEEBAY....ANYONE ONE ELSE CLOSING ?

@horizon1907 wrote:

I wont be listing anything, but still here watching it all and how it all pans out.  

Same here.

Message 41 of 72
Latest reply

If Applepay presents a viable alternative that is attractive to me as a seller (and to buyers of course) then I am more than happy to fork out for a new i-phone as a necessary business expense to be ahead of the pack to offer such an alternative to Paypal. 

It was afterall only a couple of years ago that mobile purchases on eBay took off, so much so there is equal to or more mobile purchases than desktops in many markets.  It is only a matter of time before we see a whole range of players launch in this space - thank goodness for that competition when it comes - the market is crying out for it (among other things).

Message 42 of 72
Latest reply

Couldn't agree more - only passing on what I read.

Message 43 of 72
Latest reply

I wish Google wallet was available to use on Ebay for people to pay.

Message 44 of 72
Latest reply

Just another reason for closing.....Ebay reply messaging  DON'T WORK !

Not much of a service to us paying sellers....WHAT'S NEXT ?

Message 45 of 72
Latest reply

PayPal Dispute Filing Window Increasing To 180 Days..

yer well i feel like im mr rental... i would say this new extended policy will be misused by many buyers..really mr ebay ???..how about looking after sellers for once ??

might be time to shut shop !!

Message 46 of 72
Latest reply

Looking at the replies here, it just goes to show that all sellers are profoundly demoralized in ebay. Month after month they bring in more and more fees, punishments and harsh rules which always give the buyers more power to abuse, hurt and cheat.

I have already shut down all my overseas ebay trade (which used to amount to about 20% of my ebay business). I have done this because overseas orders are far more likely to result in queries and problems, and the new fault system is too sensitive to tolerate those regular foreign difficulties - usually caused by the post.

With the new 180 day rule, - that's a huge problem for me as it sets me up to be a free fancy dress hire service. I will wait and see, but if people do start playing me with that, I will really think about dumping eBay. My website usually outdoes ebay anyway - without any advertising. I currently give $1200+ a month to ebay, and I am wondering whether it would be better to just give that money to Google, Facebook or YouTube in order to promote the website - I would probably get twice the return and 10% of the hassle - but it's simply fear of the unknown and force of habit that keeps me in eBay I guess.  

I don't know about the corporate policy making structure and makeup of the ebay company, but it seems to me some well-meaning but incredibly inappropriate, destructive and corrosive policies are being put in place; which are an absolute God-send to their competitors, who 2 or 3 years ago, never stood a chance of getting anywhere - now all of a sudden they are getting an exodus of competent and popular sellers.

They just don't seem to understand that buyers REALLY want low prices and huge variety - which is what eBay had, if they were nervous about getting ripped off, all they had to do was consult the seller's history and feedback - it was easy and a beautiful system. Now they have turned that ebay free trade into the Communist party, it seems, and buyers are increasingly seeking their variety and low prices elsewhere.

Message 47 of 72
Latest reply

Then people are going to give you negative feedback because you never replied to them ..... and you know what ebay does if you get too much negative feedback.......Smiley Tongue

Message 48 of 72
Latest reply

I'm just abouot gone - on my 2 selling IDs I'm letting my listings run out - I hope they (approx another 165) have dropped off before Nov starts.

I have changed the duration on each item to finish in the next 3 days, but knowing eBay glitches they might decide to auto-relist, even with no tick on the box as some have been doing all week & also the duration times have been changing from 3, 5 or 7 days to 10 days when auto re-listing.

If there are any listings on either ID on Nov 1, I have slipped-up & will have to crush them.

Message 49 of 72
Latest reply

After reading all these posts I am very disappointed in Ebay sellers.

Where are people going to pick up their larger dining room table complete with matching chairs for their family Christmas Dinner.   Along with the air beds for extra visitors and outdoor furniture for the Christmas/New Year period.

What about those who purchase some old furniture to restore whilst they're on holidays then change their minds after a few weeks and decide they don't have the time or the inclination after all, and no problem, just contact the seller and tell them you've changed your mind. Maybe Ebay could insist the sellers pick up the unwanted items as well as return the purchase price.

Ebay sellers are obviously party poopers who don't wish their items returned when others change their mind 179 days later.

Before everyone jumps up and down, this entire post in said 'tongue in cheek'.

If someone who doesn't use Ebay read the post, they would think I was insane.

Hope Ebay remembers the big sellers have their own online shops.

Good luck to all those leaving, see you at the markets (has anyone notified Trash & Treasure Co. they are about to be inundated with sellers).

Message 50 of 72
Latest reply