Goodbye FEEBAY....ANYONE ONE ELSE CLOSING ?

Due to high ridiculous fees plus the new Paypal 180 days claims period, this selling platform

is no longer viable to your average home hobby seller.

I have enjoyed reading the discussion boards for good tips and advice...Thanks to all for your

time and imput to inform others.

I am certain there will be many more to follow.

regards Poppy.

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Well said.....I already close my shop starting 1st November what a joke eBay is you right they want the big fish and myself I only deal with combs and brushes what about someone using a brush and the want a return after they try it so you have to trow it away due to health reasons you won't be able to sell it to someone else........good luck who stay fees are too high and now this 180 days thank you Ebay!

Message 51 of 72
Latest reply

I don't use selling manager, so am wondering if there is a fast way to finish my listings that are still going? or do I have to do them one at a time?

Message 52 of 72
Latest reply

Not being the eBay expert that others are, I'm thinking one at a time.  It's only 6.00pm, so I think that others will come on board to advise of an easier/quicker method of doing it.

All the best for the future.

Message 53 of 72
Latest reply

Sadly, ebay has put on one too many hobbles on my ability to sell here and keep my sanity. As a seller of second hand and new clothing, I can only imagine the hassles ahead for the brave ones who stay. All the best to you.

I will be listing elsewhere, most of you who leave will probably do the same, I hope we have some success.

I'll keep my eye on things, if ebay recover their senses, I may be back, but I'm not holding my breath!

Sylvia

Message 54 of 72
Latest reply

You can probably guess where I am (and have been since 2008) but with a different ID.

Message 55 of 72
Latest reply

I've only started selling this year and even then there was a lot to learn. Being a tech savy myself, I was able to work out most things, however I doubt newcommers wanting to sell seriously on eBay will be able to learn all these rules and regulations.

I'll still be selling on eBay as its still cheaper for me then leasing out a whole shop in a good shopping center and also I calcuated with a factore of people opening dispute. I should still be far ahead anyways. I don't solely sell on eBay but I sell on multiple channels for income.

But yes, its seems like another painful policy addition thats out to strain sellers. Thats like 2 major updates in a year... hope thats not normal, and judging by the US eBay store, we won't be maxed out at $250 in fees next year but rather $750 per sale..

Ouchz0r.. there goes the automotive market

Message 56 of 72
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

I don't use selling manager, so am wondering if there is a fast way to finish my listings that are still going? or do I have to do them one at a time?

BULK ENDING OF LISTINGS

If you go to your summary page, you should have "active" listings under your sell catagory. ( left hand side of page. ) If you click the "active" link all of your listings should come up. Each listing will have a little square box next to it. At the top left of the list there will be an extra square box. If you check this with your mouse, each listing should show a tick in the box. You then need to click "end" icon ( private sellers ) or "action" icon then "end" ( for BINS / stores ) . Once this is clicked your listings will end in bulk ( takes up to a minute ). You may only be able to do 50 at a time this way. There is a bulk edit facility that can end 500 listings at a time but this is more complex. By clicking on the squares either individually or after the top box, you can add or subtract certain listings if you want to keep a few ( or only want to remove some ) I realise this is probably clear as mud, but hope it helps.

Message 57 of 72
Latest reply

ENDING 25-200 LISTINGS AT THE SAME TIME.

Just an extra bit of info to the advice above. When you click "active" to bring up your active listings you can scroll to the bottom of the page. Bottom right has an icon for the number of listings showing on the page. You can choose 25, 50 ( default setting ) 100 & 200 listings to show per page. By clicking 200 and following the previous instructions, the 200 listings can be "ended" at once. If you want to end more than 200 at a time you would need to work through the bulk editing facility which can alter or end up to 500 listings at any one time. Hope this helps a bit.

Message 58 of 72
Latest reply

Thank you - it all worked well.

Message 59 of 72
Latest reply

Time to relax.....stress free, enjoy your freedom and smell the roses.....

Well earned break after years on FEEBAY...

Message 60 of 72
Latest reply