Target Australia

Target Australia is on eBay and selling. targetau has a feedback score of 3, and has 500+ items listed. Why wasn't I able to list that many as I have just started selling too. I am limited to 10 a month.

I also notice that one of their positives comes from miptestau60 which appears to be a test account of Targets. Is this giving themselves feedback allowed?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Target Australia

Pats head and says "there there" They can do no wrong. They will get preferential treatment. Blah Blah.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Target Australia

Surprise, surprise - its not a level playing field !

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Target Australia

WHY would Target sell on ebay??? They have their own website!

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Target Australia

That, is a very good question!

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Target Australia

@egglesdtp wrote:

WHY would Target sell on ebay??? They have their own website!

Why wouldn't they?

eBay entices them with all kinds of incentives. They've heavily promoted Target and subsidised 20% on every sale with the Toys discount offer.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Target Australia

eBay probably pay them to be here to improve their image as a "marketplace" or have some form of advertising partnership deal.

eBay don't mind taking $ for ads that take buyers off site either.

I can't imagine any of the big brand store sellers being on any fee or rule structure as the rest of us.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Target Australia

Retail in all sectors is suffering, smart B&M sellers are diversifying wherever possible, putting their eggs in more than one basket so to speak.  Coles and Woollies in recent years have branched out into mobile phone services, insurance and finance, unheard of in the past.  I'm not surprised that Target have taken a "can't beat'em, join'em approach".

As for preferential treatment, I can't say, but I expect it is more a matter of perspective.  Some members without stores think those with stores get preferential treatment (reduced FVF etc).  Some standard store owners think the top of the line store owners get preferential treatment.  Truth is, they pay for their "preferential treatment" in fees for special features, subtitles and volume FVF.    Personally, I don't dwell on what others are experiencing, I have enough to do looking after my own little corner of Ebay.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Target Australia

No surprise to see them on here it'll be Kmart etc next. Basically its merely a continuation of big business diversifying to crush small business perfectly legally. Better for ebay as known brand names on their site probably a no lose gamble for the retailer and another crushing blow for small business. More reasons not to sell on eBay for small business essentially.  I predict a riot!

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Target Australia

@pennyforum14 wrote:

As for preferential treatment, I can't say, but I expect it is more a matter of perspective.  Some members without stores think those with stores get preferential treatment (reduced FVF etc).  Some standard store owners think the top of the line store owners get preferential treatment.  Truth is, they pay for their "preferential treatment" in fees for special features, subtitles and volume FVF.    Personally, I don't dwell on what others are experiencing, I have enough to do looking after my own little corner of Ebay.

I agree with the philosophy (or practice) of not dwelling too much on what others are (or aren't) getting, but I can't agree that it is a matter of perspective, since the things I get as a featured store holder are made available to any and everybody who opts to pay the $50 p/m store fee, if they aren't getting preferential treatment, I would like to know how I can:

• Have hundreds of negative feedback (should I actually receive that many) disappear without a trace so that my overal feedback percentage looks more respectable
  • Have my logo displayed in search results
  • Have special advertising placement (for no extra cost) as part of my eBay package
  • Get top position in best match without earning (for lack of a better word) it like the average eBay member / storeholder has to

eBay want certain types of stores / sellers here, thus they can (and do) give them things no one else has the opportunity to access (or buy). That is the very definition of preferential treatment.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply