Goodbye FEEBAY....ANYONE ONE ELSE CLOSING ?

Due to high ridiculous fees plus the new Paypal 180 days claims period, this selling platform

is no longer viable to your average home hobby seller.

I have enjoyed reading the discussion boards for good tips and advice...Thanks to all for your

time and imput to inform others.

I am certain there will be many more to follow.

regards Poppy.

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Goodbye FEEBAY....ANYONE ONE ELSE CLOSING ?

Yep I am out of here. I sell high value items $500-$10000. I cant afford to take a hit on this type of gear. Though I am still a buyer for the right item at the right price. Regards to all Norm.

Message 61 of 72
Latest reply

All the best, Norm. Remember there is life after eBay Woman LOL

Message 62 of 72
Latest reply

Im outta here as well.  Not worth the stress with shonky buyers and ebay one sided company.  After the 10% on postage and the new policy i tell friends its "freebay" now.  I feel for sellers thinking they have no other option but there is.

I sell WAY more on facebook and quicksales this place is definately not like it was before 2008.  Ebay deserves everything they get now.   Went to buy a toy with the 20% off and heck prices are so dear here now and you cant blame the seller they have to charge handling  and up the price now to cover for all the 4 fees they get So no ebay the buyer doesnt win ill be buying elsewhere now thanks

Message 63 of 72
Latest reply

Yep, you're dead right. It's a vicious circle when buyers no longer buy through eBay because sellers have had to increase their prices to cover the outrageous fees that eBay charge (particularly those on postage, something for which I will never forgive eBay) so that this place is now one of the most expensive sites on the internet through which to buy the majority of items.

I can't even blame others for not buying through eBay any more because I refuse to do so myself, not when I can go to any one of a 100 alternate sites or even a B&M store and buy the very same products for considerably lower prices than those charged here. Ebay's never ending greed has completely destroyed what was once a great place to shop.
Message 64 of 72
Latest reply

@poppy-3348 wrote:

Time to relax.....stress free, enjoy your freedom and smell the roses.....

Well earned break after years on FEEBAY...

yep..same here...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  !!

anyone wanna go fishing?Smiley LOL

Message 65 of 72
Latest reply

i so feel for the sellers left behind but its their choice.  iI just cant see the logic selling with their unrealistic rules anymore and why sellers would even think to sell here.

I would love to see ebay run to the ground and crash and then someone with an actual business brain to pick up the pieces.  We have a huge business and cant believe why they would turn their site into a freebay site, but hubby says maybe they have a plan but what lol Im a buyer as well but im going elsewhere now with my money.  Friends that have shares here im telling them to sell fast

Message 66 of 72
Latest reply

Ebay crashed last night.....many buying and selling all effected in some way.

Last time it happened was in September'14  ....not so long ago. Seems to be getting more frequent.

This could be their strategy in getting rid of us small home hobby sellers.  Evil Ebay playground.

Message 67 of 72
Latest reply

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 68 of 72
Latest reply

Above was meant to read:

I do not envy sellers on eBay these days.........while I am sorry many are closing, or having to close, it is understandable, and I wish you well in any venture you are able to embark upon whereby your hard work will pay off in the manner it should - in your pocket!

I am certain there must be selling platforms out there that are not so Seller Unfriendly as eBay, and I hope when you find them you share your knowledge with the seller's here.

Good Luck to each and every one, and well done for copping the carp eBay has been dishing out for as long as you have.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 69 of 72
Latest reply

Hi there fishingsavingtackle 🙂

I agree with you entirely, but not about eBay wanting the small sellers.

I am a small seller (  I NEARLY TYPED 'SMELLER '  🙂  🙂   

I get 40 free insertions each month and anything I list over that $1.50 per listing.

I don't know what eBay wants  .... because it seems they don't want any of us  😞

I USED to love selling on eBay, but now it's just a slog ......

Message 70 of 72
Latest reply