HOW DO YOU RESERVE

Hi

I/m haveing a lot of problems trying to set up a reserve on my item. I want to start it at 0.99 but i really want $2,000 or near that price.

Thank you

Brett Williams

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: HOW DO YOU RESERVE

there are only reserves on cars or real estate

May I ask why you'd want to start an auction at 99 cents if you want around $2000?

Ebay 'suggest' everyone starts everything at 99 cents. It is not a good plan as very often, there may be only a couple of bids

if you want near $2000 , personally I would not think of starting at 99 cents even for a second

Don't forget the ebay fees and paypal fees you will pay,too

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Reserves on eBay Australia are only on vehicles and real estate, effectively your reserve is your start price on an auction in case you only get 1 bidder.

Edit. Ya beat me to it enigma, might get the dog to do my typing lol.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Hello.

I know some-one will come along that has more knowledge but if I were you I would either take that listing down strat away for start the lusting at your reserve. You cannot put a postage amount on that is not a true postage amount and you cannot have a reserve in Australia.

All the best with your listings.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Start it at the minimum price that you will accept as there is no reserve price on item,(except for certain

categories).

Edit: I got interrupted,blush-1.gif

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Also, if you put down a 'buy it now' price  and an auction price, they buy it now will vanish once you get one bid on auction

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

As daffodil said take it down, you're asking for trouble with the $2,000 postage. Postage gouging is a reportable policy breach...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Wow, that ad is a disaster.

For a start that item is not 'new'. You've had it a few years.

Second, several of your sentences don't quite make sense. Re-read and edit.

Lastly, as others have said, the postage cost is ridiculous. You have also said-now please read this bit carefully-that pick up is fine but in a public place.

Just say someone bids 99c on it, wins, then arranges pick up. You do realise that people who pick up don't pay postage costs?? That means they would hand you $1 for it. That what you want?

If you want $2000 for it, I personally think you may be struggling if it is a picture of you with one of the artists, but I could be wrong. But if that is how much you want, list it at that price, not at 99c. And with a postage cost that covers securely wrapped, tracked postage.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Brett,

You need to take down the listing or revise it to the proper way.

Set the start price at 2,200 and have postage as 100.

Also check the description for grammar errors.

This sort of item is something that needs time to sell, if you rush you will end up settling for less than you want.

image host
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Hi Brett. If you want people to take your ad seriously, you need to fix some spelling errors. I'm happy to help.

IT REALLY SADNESS ME TO SELL THIS ONE OF A KIND (no one in the world has this expected for me).

Should read "it really SADDENS me to sell this one of a kind (no one in the world has this EXCEPT for me)

I'm holding a painting that I gather Marie.

Should that be "I'm holding a painting that I gave Marie"? In all honesty, I'd probably remove that photo and reference to it, but if you do leave it there, it shows you did spend time with her so the signatures would be legit.

THE FRAME WILL BE PLACED IN A CARDBOARD BOX WRAPPED IN BUBBLE WRAP AND THOSE PACKING THING CALLED CORNSTARCH  

Try changing that to "packing peanuts".

PICK IS FIND BUT IN A PUBLIC PLACE.

Pick up is fine, but in a public place.

Good luck with selling it. I'm glad to see you've adjusted the pricing on the advice of others. I hope you make it to the WHC next year. If it doesn't look like it's going to sell on here, have a look around at some Roxette fan pages, someone there might snap it up. You could direct them to you eBay listing. Be aware that if it sells at the current price, you'll be up for around $200 in eBay fees (without factoring in PayPals cut).

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply