HOW TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEED BACK ON A BUYER WHO DID NOT PAY. BAD BUYERS NEED TO BE EXPOSED!!!!!!!!

mred-2009
Community Member

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEED BACK ON A BUYER WHO DID NOT PAY HOWEVER IT IS NOT EASY TO DO THIS AS THE ITEM I SOLD DOES NOT COME UP IN THE FEEDBACK LIST.

WHY IS IT THAT EBAY DOES NOT ALLOW THIS? BECAUSE IT REDUCES SALES? I THINK SOME BUYERS WHO BID AND DONT PAY MUST BE EXPOSED AND HAVE IT IN NEGATIVE COMMENTS. JUST LIKE BAD SELLERS.

COME ON EBAY GET FAIR TO SELLERS!

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: HOW TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEED BACK ON A BUYER WHO DID NOT PAY. BAD BUYERS NEED TO BE EXPOSED!!!!!!!

"Many of the sellers who come here wanting to have the ability to leave negs for non payers were nt arround back in the days when we coud leave negs. The advice given on the boards back then when buyers didn't pay was to NOT leave them a neg"

Originally when non paying bidders could leave negative feedback after a dispute was closed and when sellers came to the boards asking for advice about a non payer, the advice was generally to open an Unpaid Item Dispute and if the buyer didn't pay, leave factual negative feedback eg: โ€˜Non paying bidder. Final value fee grantedโ€™

Sellers who had opened and closed an Unpaid Item Dispute but didnโ€™t want to leave negative feedback were humiliated on the boards and accused of protecting their own feedback.

Ebay then changed the system.

If a non payer didnโ€™t respond through the dispute or if they responded through the dispute with just  a dot or anything that indicated they wouldnโ€™t be paying, and if the dispute closed giving the buyer a strike, any feedback left by the non payer had the rating removed.

The comment remained with a note underneath from ebay:

Rating withdrawn by eBay

Buyer didn't respond to the Unpaid item notification for this transaction

"even though back then there was no ability to block all buyers who had not paid for more than one item"

Back then, sellers could block all buyers with 2 strikes in 30 days.

Ebay has since changed that to the current block of  2-5 unpaid item strikes over the last 1, 6 or 12 months.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Re: HOW TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEED BACK ON A BUYER WHO DID NOT PAY. BAD BUYERS NEED TO BE EXPOSED!!!!!!!

mobile, we all (or some do)  know that negs for buyers do not work and will never work, strikes and blocks do.

But only if sellers take the time to open NPB's, if sellers are too slack or too stupid not to do that then there is  no way on this earth that non-payers will be stopped................

YES, eBay should be getting a 100 point validation (or something like it) for new members be they buyers or sellers.

Your question relates to buyers, but the major probem in Ebay is with scammers and highjackers.   

It's got me stuffed why this question keeps coming up again and again and again.........ad fintitum......

original.gif

BTW +feedback with a neg comment helps nobody except the buyer who gets an extra feedback. ( and if you get reported for it you are the one that gets slapped......................)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

BTW, I would love to see on members feedback their number of bidding retractions and their strikes.

I guess that would be too confronting for eBay to let happen...............................

slaps head yet again.......................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

@ilovemychooks wrote:

Scenario: Buyer doesn't pay, you leave them negative feedback. As retaliation, they leave you negative feedback. Buyer doesn't pay for 10 more items and receives 10 more negative feedbacks, you receive 10 negatives as retaliation. Buyer continues to buy as there is no way to stop them, you have your selling privileges removed because your percentage is too low. Buyer wins, you lose.

Sure, you can check a bidders feedback if you run auctions and cancel their bid if you don't want to sell to them, but what if they bid in the last few seconds, where you don't have time to cancel? What if they buy Buy it Now items? The contract has been formed by then and it's too late. They don't pay, you leave a negative for them, and you get one in return.

Scenario: Buyer doesn't pay, seller opens a NPB dispute which is closed their favour and  FVF are returned. Ebay issues a strike and also leaves the comment $$$ Non paying bidder upon closure on the NPBs feedback account. From experience you manually block the buyer pre closure anyways.  Retaliation?? nil (see malicious bidding policy). The Original poster of this thread then also encounters the same ebay non paying buyer and as they do not have their NPB blocks set (and do not know of the strike/block system at all) and the buyer does not pay again. The seller checks the buyers feedback (preparing to give a negative positive) but notices the previous $$$ Non paying bidder and wonders how to leave the "mark". The opening poster then comes to the boards to enquire. The boardies give them the good oil re correct protocol opening and closing NPB disputes so that strikes are issued and appropriate NPB feedback is left and the seller follows the leader opens and closes a dispute and the NPB cannot buy off many sellers

Reaction? ......less NPB negative positives are left more NPB strikes are issued..... the blockers can use blocks for BIN items and screen feedback if they like for auctions...... the lookers can look and if they like also instigate blocks

............ and....

there was peace in the valley

Negatives only hurt sellers, not buyers,

Um negatives only hurt sellers because ebay refuses to link non paying bidder strikes with negative feedback so the reason that negatives only hurt sellers is because buyers cannot be issued negatives

Non paying bidder  feedback for buyers is designed to train sellers. Training sellers increases participation.

Increased participation means mores strikes issued. Mores trikes issued is better for sellers whether they are lookers or blockers or wait for it both lookers and blockers but alwasy strike issuers

that's one of the reasons why the stopped letting sellers leave negatives for buyers.....it achieved nothing. You can tell if a buyer has more than 2 unpaid strikes quite easily. They can't buy off you if you have the appropriate blocks in place. If you don't have blocks in place, that's your problem.

Oh, and good luck with the ACCC, it's already been tried, but feel free to file a report.

Oh ye of little faith

loooooooooook.... up there on the pedestal.......... it's a bird....  it's a plane, no wait...... its.....

Captain Obvious who strikes again......... refusing to let common sense get in the way of indoctrinated guff

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

So instead of this thread heading reading

Re: HOW TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEED BACK ON A BUYER WHO DID NOT PAY. BAD BUYERS NEED TO BE EXPOSED!!!

if ebay linked generic non paying feedback to non paying bidders after a strike was issued the title of this thread would read something like

Re: HOW TO LEAVE $$$ NON PAYING BIDDER FEED BACK ON A BUYER WHO DID NOT PAY. I LIKE THE IDEA OF

BAD BUYERS BEING EXPOSED!!!

wouldn't that be a great thing whether you are a looker, a blocker or both ???

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

and intsead of the opening post on this thread reading like this

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEED BACK ON A BUYER WHO DID NOT PAY HOWEVER IT IS NOT EASY TO DO THIS AS THE ITEM I SOLD DOES NOT COME UP IN THE FEEDBACK LIST.

WHY IS IT THAT EBAY DOES NOT ALLOW THIS? BECAUSE IT REDUCES SALES? I THINK SOME BUYERS WHO BID AND DONT PAY MUST BE EXPOSED AND HAVE IT IN NEGATIVE COMMENTS. JUST LIKE BAD SELLERS.

COME ON EBAY GET FAIR TO SELLERS!

it would be a little more like this

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LEAVE NPB FEEDBACK ON A BUYER WHO DID NOT PAY HOWEVER IT IS NOT EASY TO DO THIS AS ON THE ITEM I SOLD $$$ NON PAYING BIDDER DOES NOT COME UP ON THE FEEDBACK LIST ONLY POSITIVE

WHY IS IT THAT I CANNOT FIND THE $$$ NON PAYING BIDDER COMMENT? DOES EBAY NOT ALLOW THIS? BECAUSE IT REDUCES SALES? I SAW THAT BUYERS WHO BID AND DONT PAY WERE EXPOSED AND HAVE IT IN NEGATIVE COMMENTS. JUST LIKE BAD SELLERS. HOW DO I DO THIS?

COME ON EBAY MAKE THE PROCESS TRANSPARENT AND GET FAIR TO SELLERS

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

i have cogitated on what you have posted, and even reduced it to lowercase.

And I have reached the conclusion that you enjoy shouting at yourself in coloured font.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Oops I'm in the wrong section but couldn't help notice the rant. I must be desensitised to bad payers now. It's so common I don't even block them now. Bad payers are the least of your worries with eBay . Just imagine having one say to you I know where you live I will send my friend over . Um , I say , come over yourself I will put the jug on..Or having to take a phone recording of one to the police station to press harassment charges because they assumed you were someone who was currently harassing them on Facebook ......
Or the buyer who says they didn't receive a $300 order but you get emailed a copy of their signature by aus post when they collected the parcel.
Or the buyer who takes out a dispute for item not sent and it's been on their front step for 3 weeks cos they only ever use the back door....
Or the buyer who blames you cos the posty threw their item on the lawn and the dog chewed it to pieces ......and so on.
I don't know who gets stressed out the most. A new buyer or a new seller.

Now where was I ...oh over to Powersellers forum.
Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

typical ebayer buyer responses>>>>>>>>>>>>>> APPARENTLY THOUGHT OF AS GOD BY THEMSELVES & EBAY>>>>>>>>>>>>TYPICAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Go to badbuyers list and register the defaulter. 

At least their name is on it and you can get into the habit of checking  there at any time.

It is obvious that ebay will not look at having a prominent list or cancel buyer rights, so as usual, the innocent are punished and the guilty get off. Sounds like our legal system in NSW - plenty of crooked politicians, well paid lawyers and barristers, heaps of public servants and departments, but the question still remains  i.e. how many go to jail or lose their pensions or reimburse the state or their victims?

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply