Happy Birthday You Have A Lovely Red Dot!

Woke up, it's my birthday ( a big one) and Lo and behold what do I have, a nasty red dot. Oh what more could a woman ask for! No contact no chance to rectify, unfair? Oh we'll never mind move on sell some more and get it off the page.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Happy Birthday You Have A Lovely Red Dot!

Oops the red dot is for <Removed>

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Unfair? I don't know. Listing an item as new with underarm stains and faded fabric I can understand the neg. buyers don't have to contact you before leaving a neg.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

That's a bit silly, if you bought a lounge at Harvey. Norman got it home and it had a stain, would you just ring them up and complain and take it no further I don't think so. No you would return it and get a refund, I was not given the opportunity to rectify it.I don't think the dress did have stains but that is my opinion and I have no photographs of the said stains so I am inclined to think it may be invented.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

That is not much of a comparison.....a $20 dress bought from ebay is a bit different to a lounge from Harvey Norman possibly worth many hundreds of dollars.

If the buyer is not very experienced in disputes she may still think she would have to pay to return the dress to you....it is probably not worth it to her.

There is a heck of a lot of difference between New without Tags and used with stains and faded fabric.  If it had been listed as Used but with the defects missed she may have been more forgiving.   I would probaby leave a neg in this case too.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

OP,How on earth can it be anything other than used with underarm stains? if it had been listed as used (which obviously it was, according to the buyer) with stains then the buyer would know what to expect and would not feel deceived.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I tend to give others a fair chance to try and fix the problem, once a red dot is left the transaction is over.again I seriously dispute her claims, I have not tried to do this in the reply, as it only makes me look unprofessional and out for revenge
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I actually know how you feel if  she's being dishonest !!

If you know it didn't have stains, and you got a red dot ..... it leaves you in the situation that you don't have the item any more (very frustrating when it's left your hands)  and you can't prove anything.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

New without tags means new, unused, unworn.

It never means it just looks like new.

I guess that is a pet hate of mine when people list things as new without tags if they are not really new & unworn, because I never did that when I was selling, even when I suspected some items never had been worn.

Having said that, your item description gives measurements from arm hole seam to arn hole seam & I can't figure out how anyone could miss underarm stains if they were making those sorts of measurements.

So something isn't quite right here. Either the buyer is not truthful or else you've missed something. Where do you get your stock? Is it older stock from a shop, could it have been tried on in a shop?

That's all I can think of, if you were under the impression they were all new items.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Who sells stained used clothes...yuk!

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply