Has ebay been removing your listings?

Over the last several months I've been listing a LOT of items. I finally, FINALLY listed the last draft a few days ago. Yay! 

Except...when re-organising my "ebay room" and discarding (donating) some older stuff I didn't want anymore, and then browsing through my active listings, I began to notice several items I KNOW I had drafted and listed and had seen in my active listings were no longer there. Just nowhere! Not when I searched for them, and not when I literally scrolled through all of my 928 active listings!

AAAAAGH!!! Have they been removed? If so, ebay didn't tell me. They're just clothes, seemingly random. None are high end potential designer fakes. None are prohibited items. I've had my store for 4 years and this has never happened before.

So I've just gone through as best I can and I THINK I've located all 17 that vanished. And ok, yes, 17 out of 928 isn't bad at all, but I've DONE them already, dammit! I've taken all the photos on my mannequin, done all my measurements...SIGH. Why must I have to do these AGAIN? 

And what if even more disappear later?? I'm scared!

Has anyone got any idea why this happened?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Has ebay been removing your listings?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Yep, not removed, just some randomly fail to relist every month.

Count yourself lucky, I have over 2,000 to keep an eye on.

You need to keep a record of all listings for backup in case it happens next month....or whenever.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you! Oh no! Randomly not re-listing as well?! AAAAGH!

I've just re-photographed and measured the missing ones. I'm keeping an eagle eye on them!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I work on the theory that every unsold item has pics, blurbs and item specifics resident on my computer.

I have no idea why sellers don't keep pics, don't keep descriptions, don't keep any other relevant info.

Even using a phone you have a significant amount of storage. Use it.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Soooo, a new month and I'm only one third through stock, and have so far found 12 items didn't re-list.

AAARRRGGGHHH

imastawka_0-1659419378508.gif

Hope everyone is on top of their re-lists that haven't re-listed!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

This just happened to me overnight. Had 256 listings when I went to sleep and woke up to 196 listings. All the missing listings are not in "unsold" or "ended" categories. Used to chat to speak to a rep who had no clue either. No eBay message to say some listings removed, just vanished. eBay wanted the item numbers which I don't keep records of so they could not really help.  Strangely my eBay app still shows the 256 active listings on the home screen but when I click into the 256 it is back down to 196. 

What a mess. I have now gone through and made drafts for all my active listings in case they also disappear. Did anyone whose listings vanish get any explanation from eBay? 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

No explanation from ebay needed.

They just simply fail to re-list, that's all.

Up to each seller to keep track of their own listings.

Happens every month for me.

I think the ebay bots have Alzheimers

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I am glad I contacted eBay about this as they passed it on to their tech team I presume and the next day my listings all came back again. So if you find your listings disappear or don't auto relist when they should (especially in great numbers) it is probably best and easier to contact eBay and have them investigate.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply