Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

Re: Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

This tippytoes #### must work for eBay lol ... get over it ... people ARE actually allowed to vent and express their own personal dissatisfaction and opinions ...
Message 101 of 203
Latest reply

Unfortunately it seems this $1 weekend is gone..

eBay makes enough profits from the sellers imo, yes it is eBay’s greedyness

I understood when eBay stopped monthly free listing + free FVF offer 

(I was using it combibed with $1 weekend offer during the month, my eBay fee payments were around $30-40 monthly)

after the GTC change and GTC relisting fees, we left with only $1 weekend offer my fees gone up around $80 last 2 months

Now we lost the $1 weekend offer..

i thought basic store option but after calculation of monthly donestic and int. figures & sales, geting the basic store is not worth it atm, i will pay more fees + less earning even if i list more and sell more ..more work / more effort / more time to spend to list / less profit compared with $1 weekend sales

So it was win-win situation but now win for eBay loose for small sellers..

Shame on eBay, they can change this $1 offer to everyone every day, permanent offer on eBay.com.au for Australian sellers..

Message 102 of 203
Latest reply

@shinebrightalways88 wrote:
This tippytoes #### must work for eBay lol ... get over it ... people ARE actually allowed to vent and express their own personal dissatisfaction and opinions ...

There are a few regulars on these boards that love to criticise and attack others that have come here with genuine concerns and issues. Instead of helping, they do more to offend and upset. I've often wondered if they do indeed work for eBay, otherwise, surely this would have been addressed by moderators. Years ago, I stopped coming to the boards because of the insensitivity of this nasty clique. Now I just tend to ignore their comments, but it would be better if they occupied themselves elsewhere, perhaps find a little job or something.

Message 103 of 203
Latest reply

Wow very rude...😲😲😲You reply, like you own the eBay or you work for them..calm down !,, 🤫🤫🤫

Message 104 of 203
Latest reply

So true ... totally agree with you ... yes like you I do usually ignore the trolls so as not to give them the attention they are so desperately seeking lol ... but I had a couple of minutes spare so decided to break the rules ... just this one time though haha 😂 Gosh ... I only wish I had as much time on my hands as some ... like you say, perhaps they could get a job or maybe even cook dinner ... something constructive at least 😊
Message 105 of 203
Latest reply

yes i completely agree with you.  Dam rude trolls that must work for ebay why would they agree with ebay is beyond me.  I think some have mental problems that like to stir the pot.

anyway i have just chatted with a guy called rowell LOL LOL.  He said in his words that they havent heard from the promotion dept about the mega weekend.  Later on in the chat he said its still on and gets rotated to sellers.  LOL i said okay which is the truth you have given me 2 different answers  Funny cause none of my friends or family members have got this promotion.  I said i get not one promotion ever except this week behold i got one for the useless $3.30 promotion which he said if i sell an item for $10 i would get charged the whole $3.30 LOL  HE then in his words say that "valued members get an email about new promotions.  To which i said i must NOT be a valued member cause i never get any.   LOL he stuffed himself completly up.  He then said that new members get promotions to establish their accounts.  So i said im a member for 15 yrs and now i just get treated like **bleep**.  And who in the wildest minds would pay $1.65 each listings when after the other 3 fees wouldnt even cover the whole amount you sell an item for.  I only sell 5% of items even new items i put on.  They seriously should scrap insertion fees it was worth it back in the early 2000's when 90% of my items would sell with many bids on each item but now its a desert here.

Message 106 of 203
Latest reply

Yes I know ... totally agree with you, especially with the insertion fees I cannot BELIEVE they still even exist !!!! The money they must be making is astonishing ...
And yes, always fun speaking with eBay ... every single person there will tell you a different story ... and especially with the fees they charge, really, it’s just so unprofessional ... but it’s just become the accepted thing now some how !!!
Message 107 of 203
Latest reply

@tiggywink92 wrote:

yes i completely agree with you.  Dam rude trolls that must work for ebay why would they agree with ebay is beyond me.  I think some have mental problems that like to stir the pot.

anyway i have just chatted with a guy called rowell LOL LOL.  He said in his words that they havent heard from the promotion dept about the mega weekend.  Later on in the chat he said its still on and gets rotated to sellers.  LOL i said okay which is the truth you have given me 2 different answers  Funny cause none of my friends or family members have got this promotion.  I said i get not one promotion ever except this week behold i got one for the useless $3.30 promotion which he said if i sell an item for $10 i would get charged the whole $3.30 LOL  HE then in his words say that "valued members get an email about new promotions.  To which i said i must NOT be a valued member cause i never get any.   LOL he stuffed himself completly up.  He then said that new members get promotions to establish their accounts.  So i said im a member for 15 yrs and now i just get treated like **bleep**.  And who in the wildest minds would pay $1.65 each listings when after the other 3 fees wouldnt even cover the whole amount you sell an item for.  I only sell 5% of items even new items i put on.  They seriously should scrap insertion fees it was worth it back in the early 2000's when 90% of my items would sell with many bids on each item but now its a desert here.

If you want to believe the drones in the Phillipines who read off a script, more fool you. The drones on the phones aren't much better. If you use the call me back option, you generally get someone who is a rung or 2 above the script drones. Even then, when it comes to this kind of thing, they would have no idea, so I wouldn't believe any of them. I wouldn't believe a single thing said via chat. It is widely known that the phone drones and the chat bots tell you what you need to hear so they can get you off the line quicker.

The promo is gone. There are no glitches. The drones love to tell you it's a glitch to get you off the phone. Don't despair, when one promo finishes, another usually becomes available a few months later. That's how it's been for at least the last 5 years for me (probably longer). I am just as unhappy as everyone else about the $1 promo, but it's not the end of the world. I'm just glad I got to take advantage of it. Plenty didn't. I just look forward to seeing what the next promos are. It could even be unlimited fee free everyone month. Who knows?

Message 108 of 203
Latest reply

@shinebrightalways88 wrote:

Damn it, I've been found out AGAIN. I really do try hard to hide the fact I work for eBay. Geez. Now that you know, be aware, you have all posted with your selling/buying accounts. As I work for eBay, that could cause a few issues. You want more promotions? Guess what? Just don't tell anyone else about my employment status, I don't want it getting out. 

I don't think I'm the one that needs to "get over it". I'm not crying or threatening to kill myself, or needing medical attention, or an ambulance because a promotion ended on eBay. I don't own a store. I have no plans to open one. I have 40 free listings a month like everyone else. I am able to adjust my selling habits to accommodate that without the threat of self harm.

Message 109 of 203
Latest reply

sorry but you are just cyber bullying.  You are nasty.  I dont know what problems this person has and ebay is nothing to you and me  but to them might be everything.  How do you know how they are feeling and your comment could trip them over the edge.  Just plain nasty:(  Ive reported this as noone should bully anyone!!!!

Message 110 of 203
Latest reply