Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

Your choice as to whether you leave eBay or not, they don't care if you do. Given that it's only Friday, you might have to wait until tomorrow to find out. It was still active for me last weekend.

EBay has the right to pull promotions whenever they feel like it It's their sand pit. One should never depend on them because they can end at any time. If this one has ended, so be it. 

Message 2 of 203
Latest reply

nevvy61
Community Member

I didn't get them either 😞 nor my wife

I was so used to them too! Spent most of the weekend relisting

I got an offer for list as many as you like with a $3.50 FVF haha

won't be accepting that one thats for sure!

Message 3 of 203
Latest reply

Yeah it’s a bummer !!! I was used to them too ... just can’t justify paying their ridiculous fees especially when there are other cheaper or free selling avenues now 😩
Oh lol 😂I didn’t get the $3.50 one but I’m with you there too 😊
Message 4 of 203
Latest reply

I've known they could pull this at any time, but after what seems like at least six months, I'd built my workflow around this.  Ah, well. Gonna have to do some heavy rethinking. The store option never seemed attractive before, and I doubt it will now. I crunched the numbers back when that was the only option for high volume of relatively low value items and decided it was a waste of money. I think they were starting to approach the sort of money they would have made from me simply by getting a much larger number of smaller commissions. I guess they crunched the numbers too though.

Initially (I don't know if this is the same for everyone) I got the weekend deals for about three months, then they dep-sixed them for a month or two, then they came back again and stayed for what I'm guessing is pushing nine months, so it's not impossible they'll resume again. Bit hard to know which way to jump.

- of course this could simply be an example of the 'give 'em something for nothing til they get used to it, then ask money for it' approach which has been internet business 101 since day one.

Message 5 of 203
Latest reply

Does anyone remember from last time they pulled this offer - do they honour the $1 maximum FVF on the items already listed under that promotion?  I'll ask them myself tomorrow, but sometimes getting a coherent answer from them is like pulling teeth.

Message 6 of 203
Latest reply

@nevvy61 wrote:

I didn't get them either 😞 nor my wife

I was so used to them too! Spent most of the weekend relisting

I got an offer for list as many as you like with a $3.50 FVF haha

won't be accepting that one thats for sure!

Neither of my accounts got them either, and it's upset my routine so much, I emailed eBay and told them they should perhaps let us know when such a long-term offer is about to be ceased. I've wasted a lot of time preparing for this weekend ... for nothing, because now I can't list or relist anything. Sales are going to suffer, that's for sure.

Also got the $3.50 FVF offer, completely useless to me, what a joke!

Message 7 of 203
Latest reply

Oh - I just remembered one of the main reasons I didn't open a store.  Because you presumably don't get these promotions like unlimited weekend $1 FVF when they come up  Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 203
Latest reply

Actually, much more important than honouring the $1 FVF on already listed items - will they count already listed items toward their 40 per month maximum?  You'd assume not, because this is a new calendar month.

Just need to know whether I can let my 190 already listed items continue on, pulling them before their auto-relist deadline.

I think their lines are going to be pretty busy this weekend.

Message 9 of 203
Latest reply

The $1 FVF promos have now finished. Another member had this confirmed by eBay. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 203
Latest reply