Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

seems i have 3 choices, keep selling and make less money, raise prices to cover FVF and keep trying to sell or stop selling.

Message 21 of 203
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

The way I'm looking at it is to split my listings over my 2 id's, and take advantage of the auto relist (up to 9 times now). 

I didn't auto relist on the $1 weekends - listed for 7 days only to take advantage of that promotion. 

As I've saved a huge amount of $'s over the time the promotion ran, I can't whinge too much about something that was never going to last forever.

Using the auto relist feature means that in 4 weeks I'll still be able to have 80 listings, and can continue to have them indefinitely.

So, the only thing that will change for this small seller is paying full FVF instead of $1.10. 

Message 22 of 203
Latest reply

Neither of my accounts got them either, and it's upset my routine so much, I emailed eBay and told them they should perhaps let us know when such a long-term offer is about to be ceased. I've wasted a lot of time preparing for this weekend ... for nothing, because now I can't list or relist anything. Sales are going to suffer, that's for sure.

Also got the $3.50 FVF offer, completely useless to me, what a joke!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No more for me either on all 8 of my accounts.

I sell for other people and that will ruin them. I can't list for them and not for myself.

I think the bots like playing god with peoples accounts.

It's so hard when you rely on them, they have been going for so long I just thought they would be a permant thing.

How stupid am I thinking "they" would let that be.

I have over 600 items in some accounts and the rest are 300 or 400.

I cannot afford store fees, I will have to do some serious thinking about what I can do now.

What a stressful time this is.

I really didn't need this now, what were they thinking.

more free listings - more listings mean more money for them, they must be too rich now. Never heard anyone saying they are too rich.

ok rant over sorry if it is too much for anyone.

Message 23 of 203
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

Neither of my accounts got them either, and it's upset my routine so much, I emailed eBay and told them they should perhaps let us know when such a long-term offer is about to be ceased. I've wasted a lot of time preparing for this weekend ... for nothing, because now I can't list or relist anything. Sales are going to suffer, that's for sure.

Also got the $3.50 FVF offer, completely useless to me, what a joke!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No more for me either on all 8 of my accounts.

I sell for other people and that will ruin them. I can't list for them and not for myself.

I think the bots like playing god with peoples accounts.

It's so hard when you rely on them, they have been going for so long I just thought they would be a permant thing.

How stupid am I thinking "they" would let that be.

I have over 600 items in some accounts and the rest are 300 or 400.

I cannot afford store fees, I will have to do some serious thinking about what I can do now.

What a stressful time this is.

I really didn't need this now, what were they thinking.

more free listings - more listings mean more money for them, they must be too rich now. Never heard anyone saying they are too rich.

ok rant over sorry if it is too much for anyone.

No need to apologise, rant very appropriate!

I've just had enquiries about 2 of my listings that I am unable to relist this weekend. Well done eBay, that's 2 buyers I am unable to help, 2 sales I won't be making, and 2 lots of fees you won't be receiving!

Message 24 of 203
Latest reply

So if the $1 FVF have finished (anyone seen or received anything official from ebay?), I would like to know what/if any benefit ebay plus is to sellers? I used the $1 FVF coupon a lot on weekends and if I can't get that or similar anymore then I will consider cancelling my ebay plus memebership!

Message 25 of 203
Latest reply

I have just got off chat with ebay on my other account.

They said it was a technical issue this weekend that they are working on.

They said we should not have the same problem next weekend, so hopefully that means it will be fixed and back on.

time will tell i guess.

Message 26 of 203
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

They said we should not have the same problem next weekend, so hopefully that means it will be fixed and back on.

time will tell i guess.

OMG, I hope that is true, but it doesn't make sense with what others have been told (ie: that this offer is over)!

Message 27 of 203
Latest reply

I've just had enquiries about 2 of my listings that I am unable to relist this weekend. Well done eBay, that's 2 buyers I am unable to help, 2 sales I won't be making, and 2 lots of fees you won't be receiving!

It's the first of the month. You have 40 free listings available as of this morning. If I had enquiries that I believed would result in sales, I know what I'd be doing. And it wouldn't involve cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Message 28 of 203
Latest reply

I bet if another ten members ring ebay they would get told ten different answers!

I hope it IS just a glitch, but not gonna hold my breath.

ATM I am going through my nearly 400 listings and ticking the auto relist box - which supposedly IS FREE? It says it is so there will be another phone call to ebay demanding a credit if they try to charge me!

Such a time waster! The weekends are meant to be for fun aren't they?

Message 29 of 203
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

time will tell i guess.

This has given me some pause; I perhaps won't do anything game-changing this weekend, but wait to see what happens next week.  But I realised  long ago that ebay CSR's have very klimited  insight into what is really going on. The reliability of their promises or predictions is hit or miss at best.

Message 30 of 203
Latest reply