Heads Up that Click and Send Prices are Going Up on the 15th

From AP facebook page:

postage prices for eBay / Australia Post flat rate products will increase from Monday 15 April 2013. Postage for the 500g satchel will increase from to $7.15 and postage for the 3kg satchel will increase from to $11.70. Postage for the flat rate boxes will be $7.15 for Bx1 box, $11.70 for Bx2 box and $15.05 for Bx4 box. The cost of packaging for these products is not changing.

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: Heads Up that Click and Send Prices are Going Up on the 15th

I took a  C&S prepared packed to the local PO this morning. It was in my own box, and I had added Signature on Delivery. The Post Office were aware of the changes to the system, but when they selected Signature the barcode became not recognized.

So the package could only be sent either without Signature and then use my printed barcode, or the other option was they could affix a new barcode sticker for SOD.

Affixing the new barcode totally negates any reason to use C&S for own packaging. I may as well just print my own labels from now on. All tracking notifications to the customer and myself are now void, and I must manually send them the new tracking ID and enter it manually into eBay.

I haven't seen what happens for flat rate satchels and boxes yet, but it will be interesting to see whether the barcode for those scans in or not.

I also asked about adding insurance to flat rate boxes and satchels, and was told it was no problem. However this goes against what I have been told over the phone from C&S support previously.

Message 61 of 69
Latest reply

I wonder in 10 years if the prices will be $17+ for a small satchel and $22+ for a large ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Message 62 of 69
Latest reply

I wonder in 10 years if the prices will be $17+ for a small satchel and $22+ for a large ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Highly unlikely. At 30% per annum, using the rule of 72, we're looking at about $112 for 500g and $200 for 3kg.

Message 63 of 69
Latest reply

I wonder if eBay planned their restructuring announcement to purposely precede the AP price rises and now the C&S price rises?

I mean a week ago, it was eBay's fees that everyone was talking about, now the focus has moved and by the time the new eBay fees come into play in 3 weeks time, everyone will be accustomed to the changes...

If it was planned, it was a pretty strategic exercise.

I wonder why the delay in the announcement of the C&S price rise, or was it about the same time frame as notification of the parcel price rise?

I did ask C&S if there was going to be a price increase on the 8th, to which they answered no. When I asked about after the 8th, they said they had no information to suggest that.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 64 of 69
Latest reply

If you think that was bad should see todays click & send price hikes- b1 box $13.10 85% increase! $8.00 for 500grm  . I will be closing down my EBAY store. I can't see my customers going for this.

Message 65 of 69
Latest reply

better to start a new post - this is a very old thread now

Message 66 of 69
Latest reply

use eBay labels. Postage for both of those is still $7.15.

Message 67 of 69
Latest reply

What do you mean by 'use ebay labels' I go into click and send -add item-which is linked to ebay select buyers name click on 500g satchel and it says $8 if you use a B1 box it $13.10 am i missing something here.

cheers

Message 68 of 69
Latest reply

You can print postage labels on eBay and the charge is added to your monthly invoice.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/postage-and-shipping/australia-post-labels

Prices for the flat-rate satchels and boxes have not changed. Yet.

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/ebay-flat-rate-satchels-and-boxes.html

Message 69 of 69
Latest reply