Heads Up that Click and Send Prices are Going Up on the 15th

From AP facebook page:

postage prices for eBay / Australia Post flat rate products will increase from Monday 15 April 2013. Postage for the 500g satchel will increase from to $7.15 and postage for the 3kg satchel will increase from to $11.70. Postage for the flat rate boxes will be $7.15 for Bx1 box, $11.70 for Bx2 box and $15.05 for Bx4 box. The cost of packaging for these products is not changing.

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a slight problem.

Bulk edit won't display the postage value.

All my listings ( on another id ) DO have

postage values.

Fingers crossed it's a momentary glitch and

will clear up by the 15th otherwise it's a manual

edit of 500 listings....grr.

Message 41 of 69
Latest reply

On PS board, poster has advised they were advised techs were working on post glitches at the moment.

I am also having issues with limited post service available for selection via inkfrog.

Another day, another hurdle ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 42 of 69
Latest reply

travelling_agoraphobic
Community Member

I am not sure if you can purchase insurance without purchasing the SOD option for non-flat rate items.

From the AP site:

Signature on Delivery can be purchased as a single feature for $2.95. If you would like Extra Cover you need to purchase both Signature on Delivery for $2.95 and Extra Cover for $1.50 per $100 value (or part thereof).

Message 43 of 69
Latest reply

I am not sure if you can purchase insurance without purchasing the SOD option for non-flat rate items.

From the AP site:

Signature on Delivery can be purchased as a single feature for $2.95. If you would like Extra Cover you need to purchase both Signature on Delivery for $2.95 and Extra Cover for $1.50 per $100 value (or part thereof).

Diabolical! And not in an entertaining, Batman vs Catwoman way, either, since it means to get the old registered equivalent service, minimum cost is $4.45. 

I'd still like to know if that means the maximum compensation for an eBay C&S satchel will be halved, or will we be given the "opportunity" to give AP more money so that they can give us ours back if they lose or damage our packages. >_>

Message 44 of 69
Latest reply

DG its all just doing my head in ๐Ÿ˜ž

I am still in denial that I have not even received an email advising me of the coming changes to click and send signature requirement cost as a basic customer courtesy.

I keep checking various mail boxes, thinking, no they (AP) would have to have send an email as the change is a matter of days away and it has  $$$ implications for the postal services I currently offer my listings.

Can kinda learn to live with the price increases that exceed inflation, but holy carp, batman pushing up sig on delivery by so much, with such little notice .... can't even find the words TBH.

Message 45 of 69
Latest reply

traxed
Community Member

I think it's called "killing the goose that laid the golden egg"

After 15 April 2012

Good bye Australia Post!

After 1 May 2012 

Good bye eBay!

When PayPal increase fees

Good bye PayPal!

Message 47 of 69
Latest reply

@traxed(393)View Listings LOL this dude doesnt even know what year it is must be a hard worker at ebay LOL.

Message 48 of 69
Latest reply

It appears that the included $100 Insurance has also been dropped from the signature on delivery benefits. I can no longer find a mention of it. In the Parcel Post list of items it says 'Extra Cover' is available, but it's always said that and it's never been for satchels or flat rate boxes.

Also, where are all these new things touted in the email I received last week? It looks like there is nothing new except higher prices and less service.

It's the same old craptastic inferface, no changes there except they've made it slightly more confusing.

There are no Courier Post options as promised for any product

There are no Express Post options as promised for eBay Satchels or Flat Rate Boxes.

The claim of "All our products now give you the option to add 'Extra Cover' or 'Signature on Delivery" is totally false, there are no options there for either.

I mean, it's a bloody rip off still but I could maybe swallow it IF I was finally able to insure satchels and prepaid boxes to their full value and not be limited at $100 - but there is now NO insurance at all and no way to add it.

Seriously WTF dudes, are you on drugs? If you are going to jack up your prices at least give people what they want!

Make the satchels a bit bigger, or give us a BX3 flat rate box or some other stuff like that to soften the blow at least.

Message 49 of 69
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Sorry guys if this has been stipulated clearly somewhere but can someone tell me if the basic click and send will INCLUDE compo cover and if so will it be $50 or $100?

Or will one HAVE to purchase the 'signature on delivery' @ $2.95 extra to have any kind of cover?

I am trying to get myself prepared for some listings this week and am very confused ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 50 of 69
Latest reply