Help needed lost over 2k Never Selling Again

I sold a authentic Louis Vuitton Bag to the USA via EMS which had full tracking, SMS notification and signature on delivery I also included extra cover. Buyer receives parcel within  24 hrs puts in a not as described dispute stating I sent her a light weight woman's top. Buyer was scamming me escalated it to a claim and case was closed in buyers favour (a recurring problem on eBay it is not a safe trading environment). I lost the bag, postage as it was free and I have a debt in PayPal.  Not once did eBay look at the evidence as I have read many times the internet is flooded with sellers who have lost cases due to eBays money back guarantee policy. How should l proceed appeal the case? The buyer is a unregistered PayPal user (which would most likely mean they went through checkout and paid with credit card). I feel now the buyer was intending to do a chargeback if by a miracle the case was decided in my favour. Buyer is <Removed> and has 90% feedback which I didn't realise till after the claim. I know I should have looked into it and it most likely my fault but  eBay pride themselves on creating a safe trading environment and they don't do a thing.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Help needed lost over 2k Never Selling Again

I'm very sorry to hear this has happened to you.

I see that one of the highly respected members on here is following your buyer,hopefully he will come on here soon and

give you advice as will all the knowledgable members.

There have been a few cases like yours on here previously so hold on until someone comes along.

I've had the same happen to me but not from overseas and I never had a leg to stand on due to the MBG but hopefully someone

here can help you out.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

You have little or no hope of any positive resolution with ebay but could phone them and say you will be putting in a complaint to the ACCC.

Very hard to prove your case though as it is a he said, she said situation. If you have a record of the weight of the parcel and a copy of the customs form sayng what was in the parcel it may help.

A few sellers have reported that they have had a successful outcome after reporting the buyer to the federal authorities in the US, they have a department to deal with internet crimes which I am sure you can find using google or somebody else may be along soon with a link.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

You have little or no hope of any positive resolution with ebay but could phone them and say you will be putting in a complaint to the ACCC.

Very hard to prove your case though as it is a he said, she said situation. If you have a record of the weight of the parcel and a copy of the customs form sayng what was in the parcel it may help.

A few sellers have reported that they have had a successful outcome after reporting the buyer to the federal authorities in the US, they have a department to deal with internet crimes which I am sure you can find using google or somebody else may be along soon with a link.

The options you have is the either appeal the case,(if you can get photos of the weight then you have a case

as a lightweight top isn't as heavy as a bag).

Although eBay tends to side with the buyers who don't need to show proof,(which is something that needs to

change as to many of these type of cases are starting to appear),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

And you have the report options,(overseas and here).

US: https://www.usa.gov/online-safety

US: https://www.ic3.gov/crimeschemes.aspx

AUS: https://www.acorn.gov.au/

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Have you had previous dealings with OPs buyer?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

Have you had previous dealings with OPs buyer?

No I always put any seller that someone has had problems with into a saved/following seller search in case the

ID gets removed,(it's a way of keeping an eye on them as well in case others start having problems with them).

I then add a note underneath as to why they are on the list.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I knew that's what you did but it got me off track because you were so fast in following them that I thought you were already

following lol.

No wonder you're tazz super fast haha

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you for the replies I am absolutely devastated l uploaded the receipt for postage on this sale for the case and since Australia Post have new custom forms being one form for everything I did not get a copy with exact weight only printed receipt. The older forms were filled in by the postal worker with the scale weight and I would have been given a copy. Receipt, states weight is between 0.5-1kg l weighed a top belonging to my daughter with thin straps similar to the one the buyer claims they received  and it weighed 76g. Bag was posted in a large padded bag and was completely sealed. I even stated buyer photographed my padded bag and why would I sent a item that small in a padded bag that cost $54.17 to post.  I honestly feel like they didn't care at all now I am wondering can PayPal try to take the money off me from my bank or debit card? I have included a image of receipt l got $600 of insurance as it was just too expensive bag sold for $650USD. And l was certain it would be delivered as it was I can't claim AUS Post insurance as it's not their fault.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

The receipt says 0.5 to 1 kg,(that's a lot more than a lightweight top,the post bag and buble wrap would

weigh).

Do you know the weight of the bag?

So maybe talk to eBay and mention the weight difference?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

With ever increasing cases like this cropping up it is no wonder many sellers will not post overseas (where it's hard to enforce any legal action on scammers). Likewise many sellers no longer list high value items. As a result eBay will lose fees. They might 'win' an individual case but lose out in the long run.

Good luck and I hope you can find a way to get your money back.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply