Help with printing shipping labels with Dymo 4XL printer

I'm having trouble trying to print the prepaid shipping labels with my 4xl Dymo printer. There's no option to scale the label or really do any changes to the layout at all. I've noticed on the U.S site you can change the preferred printer before you print the label so the label matches the printer, but here there just seems to be default A4 page that you can't change at all.

Not sure if anyone has been able to get around it without having to download each label to their computer, open it in Adobe and then change the scale and print, there's no way I'm doing that for each label when I should be able to just press print and that's that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Help with printing shipping labels with Dymo 4XL printer

Well I figured it out if anyone wants to know. It's so simple that I totally over looked it and there's no special techniques.

Using Firefox once you have confirmed the address and press the create label button, when the printer dialog box appears just select the (pages) option in the print range instead of (all). That's it! It prints perfectly.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Your windows version might need you to save as a off and then open with Adobe to give you the 90% size reduction
Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

One would hope that after 12 months they would have got it sorted!

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

good afternoon,

just to clarify this a little for everyone,

and to help smooth out any other problems you will need to:

step

1 - set printer to "DYMO LabelWriter 4XL"

2 - under "Page Sizing & handling set custom scale to 90% (as seen in picture green square)

3 -  Set orientation to "Portrait" any other setting will not work. (as seen in the blue square)

4 -  go to "page setup.." as seen in the red square, and set that to "1744907 4 in x 6 in"

5 - print

Chemical Potential

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

To add to this, if you are a mac user, it seems Safari is being it's typical B*TCH self and causing part of the problem, on a quick test run using a PDF (opened in Firefox) of an A4 sized label (label in top left quarter). I managed to print to a 104x159 (4"x6") Dymo label using the above technique on my 4XL.

I also managed to print clearly and cleanly at 96% scaling instead of 90%, each to their own.

Thanks for everyones help, if only they made it how it should be with printing options like the US version.

Although I believe it may also have something to do with Australia Post as their 'Click and Send' has the same problem, only doing A4 with a very similar label.

Thanks again.

-Todd

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Todd, this thread is 2 years old.....I am sure the problem has been sorted out now.

Most of the posters no longer post on the boards now.

It is not good form to drag up old threads.  If you need help you will get it more readily if you start your own thread.  Most responders do not read old threads so are unlikely to see a new question tacked on the end.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Yeh, well, it's 2021, just bought a Dyma 4XL and is till can't figure it out. My advice would be, don't buy one

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Are you trying to print direct from ebay, Australia Post or some other platform? If you don't get a satisfactory answer from this thread (it is an old one) - just start a new thread.

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Dymo = Drama. Buy a generic thermal label printer and use off the shelf labels which are way cheaper. The reason they are a 'best seller' is because they last about a year and then you need to buy a new one...
Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

mhow8246
Community Member

If anyone is interested - I found how to do it so happy. 

Go to your label settings and do 1 per A4. 

When you select the DYMO label as printer it automatically adjusts the size & prints perfectly. The 1 per A4 ensures 1 label printed per label on DYMO. 

All the best. 

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply