Hi All Ebayers,, Has Anyone noticed if there second hand sales have droped off

st noticed over the last few months that sales have droped right off any one else finding the same cheers

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Hi All Ebayers,, Has Anyone noticed if there second hand sales have droped off

I suggest you click on the Seller Centre link down the bottom of every page and start reading up on how ebay works.

Your response to the negative would worry me more than the fact you got a negative. One negative out of only 13 buyers who've left you detailed star ratings in the last year will bring your DSRs/stars way down so people really need to see a response that helps explain why you got the neg.
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Re: Hi All Ebayers,, Has Anyone noticed if there second hand sales have droped off

@dadanddaughter2007 wrote:

Id like to know what D S R is.. Buy the way the Glass ware is insured for more than that .. but i have offers on all my itms also.. Cheers For the comments

Surely you are not pricing your used items at anywhere near the price of new items?

If you got 50% of the new price you would be doing very well.....it is usually closer to 25-30%.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

To find out what things are actually selling for, click on the " advanced" link next to the big blue search button, type in what you have for sale ie. Murano glass etc. and then scroll down to " sold items ". Tick this and search. This will then show you what items are actually selling for, rather than what you have them insured for.

Some of your items such as the vice are reasonably priced, while others are priced much higher than they are currently selling for ( ie. your glassware and pottery ). Most of your items are discretionary spend rather than things people really need. When the economy is tough, or they have just spent a lot of money on Christmas etc. the first thing people cut back on is discretionary spending on the internet.

As for sales, mine are still ticking along quite nicely, but have slowed slightly over the Christmas / New year period. This could be because I have spent very little time on ebay. With ebay, you get out of it what you put in. Little effort, poor results, 

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Might I also say that your postage rates are all over the shop  You have an orchid book with $1600.00 for postage.  I think you may need to do a bit of homework.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

When I clicked on your user name at the top right hand side it shows this....

Online Status

Maybe your store is set to offline for some reason. Just a thought

Cheers
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Actually half of those who have commented are showing offline and half are showing - online. Quite strange
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

When you click on a username from the boards, it shows offline if they are not logged into the boards.

Nothing to do with their status as a seller.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Fair enough. I know about that. Just mine was showing offline 2 days ago. I contacted Ebay and it was a problem they were having. Problem is all fixed now.
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Haha well saved

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

My sales started pretty well....until I had 2 buyers completed wasted my time for not paying for their items, failed to reply to my emails. I had one person bid's retracted, and a finally a sale on eBay.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply