Hi All I am trying to get in touch with anyone who knows anything about Vintage Ribbon Microphones?

please contact me if you have any knowlege of Vintage Microphones as i have some i am going to be posting for sale soon but want to get some more info on them before i list them.

Looking forward to hearing from any one.

Cheers

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Hi All I am trying to get in touch with anyone who knows anything about Vintage Ribbon Microphon

Maybe a state government car rather than a federal car perhaps?  

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Hi All I am trying to get in touch with anyone who knows anything about Vintage Ribbon Microphon

Thanks Paddy we have looked at that possibility. Records are pretty vague from this era and most of the information around is from newspapers. Experts from the National Motor museum has studied the photo and the car appears to be from around 1909 -1910, probably a Talbot and pre dates any state or federal government cars by around 3 years. There are a couple of newspaper clippings about the Prime minister being driven in his new Motor car from around 1910, but no details of the make of the car and no records of its purchase using government funds.

It is all a mystery at the moment. It might be a nice little retirement project to further research the photo in years to come.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

It'd be great to chase it down chameleon, good luck with the project mate. The clincher may well come when you least expect it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Have you tried the National Library?

They were digitising everything before the Government decided culture and history were a waste of money their CEO mates could make better use of.

They could well have got through 1910 before their funds were cut.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion Dave. Comcar had a bit of a look to see if they could find any records on the car, but no success. The National Library records would certianly be a good place to look, but unfortunately I havnt got the time at the moment. Once I get the teenagers out of the house and get some debts paid off I might take another look at it.

The gents in the photo are expensivly dressed and the background surrounds look expensive. Extra features on the car where also "top shelf" so it fits the profile of a Government type car. ( travelling first class even back then LOL )

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Hi and Thanks for your comments.

These are the other 2 i have

IMG_0544.JPGIMG_0545.JPGIMG_0546.JPGIMG_0548.JPG

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Very nice.!!!

The round Shure is very unusual in that it has the Phono jack that plugs into the lead coming from the base of the microphone instead of having an insert into the microphone for the lead to plug into. I have never seen anything like that before so this would be another thing to create buyer interest.. Shure is probably one of the most highly regarded vintage microphone companies and still trades today producing very high quality equipment used by many top musicians.

I did notice the Shure is missing a couple of screws from the front. This is not a good sign as it indicates it was dismantled and not put back together very carefully suggesting possible internal problems.

As mentioned from the start I am not an expert in vintage microphones and just know enough to be dangerous LOL.  I cant tell you anything about the rectangular microphone sorry. It still has an interesting design and should also be collectable. All in all it is a nice little collection of very interesting items, not just normal ho hum boring stuff and should sell well.   Good Luck....Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply