Hi newbie here, I'm just wondering what this all means -Seem to have a phenomenal response 169

Hi newbie here, I'm just wondering what this all means - seem to have an outstanding response to the first item I've listed. 169 views - but no bids yet only 4 hours to go. It's a vintage oroton shoulder bag listed for $25 - is it rare? Or is there something  else happening here?

Cheers

Thirftshop888

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hi newbie here, I'm just wondering what this all means -Seem to have a phenomenal response 169

Hi,

I also sell vintage.  I believe $25 for the bag is a bargin.   It is leather, Oroton and vintage.  

You might want to get better photographs of the bag.  I suggest you take the photo's outside in natural light, and also list more photographs so the buyer can see all angles, and  the true colour of the bag.

It is also hard selling your first item, or getting feedback, as buyers can tell what kind of seller you are through feedback that is left.

I use to do auctions, which can work sometimes.  I have listed items 3 times at auction, and the items did not sell.  And then the forth time being listed, I get a really high price.

I now list items at buy it now, or best offer.  With best offer, the person who buys it feels they are getting bargin, as they aren't pay full price.

I have re taken photo's when I have no interest in the item, and pretty it up a bit, with a nice back ground.  You must remember, women will buying this item, and they are very visual, and have to picture themselves using this bag.  

Keep going with it, as you get better as time goes along and what works best for you.:)

I hope that helps a little

Retro Vintage

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: Hi newbie here, I'm just wondering what this all means -Seem to have a phenomenal response 169

Hi:   well now you will have lots more as we all run off to look at the listing to try and figure out why so many hits  Smiley Wink

And now I have, I can't resist putting my two bob's worth

.   for goodness sake don't mention a different postage in the listing - listed as $13.40 postage (in the description says about $16)  this really annoys buyers, your stated postage IS the postage, you can't change it after sale.

.  clothes listings need measurements, measurements, measurements.   Boring I know, but you need to show how long, short, wide each garment is

.   at least three photos of each item (otherwise you will be hounded to death by ebays 'helpful" suggestions).    And your photos are too dark, we can't see them promptly - when you load the photos there is an option to lighten them before loading - the background is too busy, use a white sheet or something plain.

,   one of your listings and perhaps more doesnt give any size at all.    

.   use the title bar to give as much info as possible, that's what people are searching on, you have 45 (I think) characters to play with

Best of luck.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you guys for your practical advice this really helps.

Cheers

Thriftshop888

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for your advice - this really has helped me.

Cheers

Thriftshop888

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I agree with curraone.....measurements and more measurements.

And get rid of the busy, busy background.   Buyers want to see what they are buying, not your pretty bedspread....at least the floral background is better than putting your items on the kitchen floor (yep, the boardies have had a chuckle about that sort of thing before).

Can you show the clothing on a hanger.....many sellers just hook a coathanger over a door.  It gives the buyer an idea of what it will look like when being worn, how it hangs.

And where you mention pulls in the material.....show the defects in all their glory.   If it is not photographed in detail you are wide open to a claim of not as described and buyers will wonder how bad it is that you are trying to hide it.

Several of your photos need to be a bit sharper....when they are enlarged to see detail they are very fuzzy.  And they all need to be lighter.

Sorry if I have come across as picky but I buy quite a lot of clothing on line for both myself and a couple of friends and I know what we look for in a listing.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for your comments - very helpful. It all seems so obvious now.. I think it's time to invest in a new camera and maybe stay away from clothing. (unless it's in mint condition)

Cheers

Thriftshop88

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I would try again with the bag tho, it seems to be very popular.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply