How Can I List An Item For Sale When...

How can I list an item for sale when I don't want to accept credit card as a payment option?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

@this-way-up wrote:

How can I list an item for sale when I don't want to accept credit card as a payment option?

Thanks for your help.

To list anything on eBay you must offer one of the designated safe payment methods.

If you don't want to use merchant credit card facilities, then you may also choose between PayPal or PayMate.

You can also offer other options as well.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

@this-way-up wrote:

Thanks for your help.

To list anything on eBay you must offer one of the designated safe payment methods.

If you don't want to use merchant credit card facilities, then you may also choose between PayPal or PayMate.

Thank you for your speedy reply.

Merchant credit card is obviously credit card. Paymate is credit card only. Paypal offers different options but includes credit card. So Paypal is the only one that offers anything other than credit card.

I have no problem with safer payment methods. So maybe if I refrase the question... Paypal is the only designated safer payment method of those offered that must be used that offers payment other than credit card. So how do I list an item for sale and accept Paypal but not accept credit card ?

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

@this-way-up wrote:

I have no problem with safer payment methods. So maybe if I refrase the question... Paypal is the only designated safer payment method of those offered that must be used that offers payment other than credit card. So how do I list an item for sale and accept Paypal but not accept credit card ?

It's not possible. 

It is possible to have a PayPal account and not automatically accept credit card payments, but on eBay you have to accept however the buyer chooses to pay, so there's no way you can offer PP and decline credit card payments.

I'm surprised you want to know - I thought you requested eBay close your account in protest...I fugured that meant you weren't interested in listing on the site. o_O

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

You could try stating "e-cheques only" in your description, but this won't stop buyers using PayPal with Credit Card funding the purchase

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

@this-way-up wrote:

@crikey*mate wrote:

@this-way-up wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your speedy reply.

Merchant credit card is obviously credit card. Paymate is credit card only. Paypal offers different options but includes credit card. So Paypal is the only one that offers anything other than credit card.

I'm sure this was all gone through a couple of weeks ago. The answers aren't going to change.

I thought you were leaving?

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

You can only say YOU don't have a merchant facility, but PayPal wil accept C/C on your behalf at the customers discretion, if you have a business account. I don't think you can stop it altogether.

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

It's not possible. 

It is possible to have a PayPal account and not automatically accept credit card payments.

That only applies if you have a "personal" Paypal account....and one cannot list an item on eBay if one has a personal Paypal account !

You say "It's not possible". Are you saying that credit card is compulsory ?

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

You could try stating "e-cheques only" in your description, but this won't stop buyers using PayPal with Credit Card funding the purchase

Thanks...But that would breach eBay Policy 🙂

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

@this-way-up wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

It's not possible. 

It is possible to have a PayPal account and not automatically accept credit card payments.

That only applies if you have a "personal" Paypal account....and one cannot list an item on eBay if one has a personal Paypal account !

You say "It's not possible". Are you saying that credit card is compulsory ?

Yes. YEs. YES.

We've been through all this.

But if you accept Paypal and use paypal-compliant postage then you will be protected by Paypal from credit card chargebacks. Of which there might be a few, given you've advertised your antipathy to accepting a payment method used by billions of businesses world-wide. Even through a third-party who will protect you from most abuses of the system.

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply