How can a US buyer buy my item?

A US buyer has purchased one of my items and I have no idea how that was possible as I post to Australia only.

What do I need to do to fix this please?

I've messaged the buyer to let them know that I don't post to the US.

The item item number is 252273442053,(so you can see that I post to Australia only).

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

saarzi
Community Member

Id email them saying as per the item listing, you dont post to the U.S. and then cancel the sale, and give the reason as something wrong with buyers address.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

To specify locations you don't post to in My eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/shipping-costs.html#where

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

A lot of sellers do seem to say you need to specifically exclude locations, but I never have...

I just have postage to Aus only, plus the block (under Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements) that prevents purchase from buyers with a postage address in locations I don't post to (which is required in either case, as postage options, exclusions lists are only as good as an announcement in the listing, the block itself is the preventative measure).

My Buyer Requirements Activity Log is full of attempted purchases that were blocked because of the buyer's postage location, so it seems to work for me without the exclusion list. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@digupatin wrote:

To specify locations you don't post to in My eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/shipping-costs.html#where

Thanks but I have that all set up in my site preferences in my account plus Turbo Lister and it gets added to all listings automatically.

I've excluded all other countries and that's why it shows as posting to Australia only on my listings.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Id email them saying as per the item listing, you dont post to the U.S. and then cancel the sale, and give the reason as something wrong with buyers address.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

Thanks,I sent them a message earlier so they knew that they shouldn't have been able to purchase.

I've cancelled the order by picking the option that there was something wrong with the buyers address.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Have you checked the listing to see if it says no international postage? It is not unknown for ebay things like that to have a glitch. If it says no international postage and you have the buyer requirement set to exclude buyers with delivery addresses you do not post to then they shouldn't be able to purchase. I would call ebay and ask them to cancel the transaction as you are entitled to do.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

have they paid yet? Maybe they want the item posted to an Aussie address??
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Have you checked the listing to see if it says no international postage? It is not unknown for ebay things like that to have a glitch. If it says no international postage and you have the buyer requirement set to exclude buyers with delivery addresses you do not post to then they shouldn't be able to purchase. I would call ebay and ask them to cancel the transaction as you are entitled to do.

It clearly states Posts to: Australia in my postage section and when checking in the postage and payments section it only

has Australia in the drop down menu.

I always thought that if you have all the blocks in place they simply can't purchase?

Maybe they were logged into the Australian site when they bid?

I've cancelled it and will see what transforms via the cancellelation because there was a problem with the buyers address.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
have they paid yet? Maybe they want the item posted to an Aussie address??

They haven't paid and they shoul've messaged me if they wanted it posted to an Australian address as I have three of those

items available.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply