How do I remove negative feedback (Seller)?

Hi All,

We have sold thousands of goods on eBay over 6+ years. 

Recently, we came across a malicious Buyer who left us an unjustified negative feedback (our first ever), therefore making us lose our 100% feedback (which can often be the difference between winning or losing a sale). 

Basically, Buyer left us negative feedback, claiming that our product cannot be wall mounted. Our packaging, datasheet and installation instructions clearly explains and illustrates how to wall mount the product. We have made contact with the Buyer to explain how to wall mount the product and have requested to revise their feedback. We even offered to provide a FULL refund if they are still unhappy. Buyer declined both of our requests, claiming that their feedback is accurate. 

I have done some research on the Buyer and was shocked to learn that of the 14 feedback they have given to Buyers, 12 of them have been negative!!! Clearly a very sour and malicious Buyer! 

We have sold thousands of this product with no issues whatsoever. We have contacted eBay Live Chat twice and had a phone conversation once to explain our position and request to remove the false negative feedback. However, despite backing ourselves with strong evidence, eBay is saying that they can no longer remove negative feedback as of 30August2023.

PLEASE eBay, if you are reading this, please provide some Seller Protection against malicious Buyers. We have worked so hard over the years to provide quality products and top service to our (and your) customers. We are clearly not at fault so PLEASE help us retract the negative feedback as it is a HUGE deal for small businesses like us. Thank you!

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: How do I remove negative feedback (Seller)?

I would not worry too much about your feedback unless you are a low volume seller and it brings your feedback to below 98%. Many buyers come to the forums with purchase issues and when pointed out how bad the sellers feedback is most say they did not notice when buying.

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

I would be more concerned with your use of "private listings" ,  which was only intended for high priced items or those of a sensitive nature, than a single neg.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

As a buyer, I can tell you that a single negative is not at all a bar to purchasing. Whatโ€™s more important is how you respond to that feedback.

A short carefully written response to the feedback, something like โ€œWeโ€™re so sorry you are unhappy with this item. As explained in the accompanying instructions, this is indeed wall-mountable. As also communicated, you are welcome to return the item for full refundโ€ โ€” it would not only make the negative look ridiculous, but would also make the extra point that you are an extremely reasonable seller, that you will address issues, and that the item in question does have instructions.

If eBay doesnโ€™t remove the feedback, itโ€™s not likely to affect your sales negatively.

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

contact ebay they should remove it.

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

The easiest way, would have been to explain to the buyer how to wall mount the unit, and then send them a request for FB revision.  Not sure you can do that since you have already  replied.

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

OP has already done that...

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

OP has already done that...

Badly.

Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

You can contact eBay and ask them to remove it & see what happens, However having 1 negative wouldn't really effect any sales, it would just effect the people who are there to are paranoid and probably going to leave feedback anyway.

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply