How do sellers ship for so cheap in Australia ???

How do so many Australian sellers ship for so cheap? They sell items that will not fit in a letter (thicker than 20mm) for way cheaper than the cheapest Australia post contract parcel rates.

For example, search ebay for "USB car charger", select "Australia Only" in location, and there are heaps of people selling chargers (including shipping) between $2.50 and $4.00. HOW DO THEY DO IT?? Do they just sent it in a letter, and hope no one checks it is thicker than 20mm? All those items are way thicker than 20mm
Message 1 of 204
Latest reply
203 REPLIES 203

Re: How do sellers ship for so cheap in Australia ???

chile_7
Community Member

Message 191 of 204
Latest reply

They usually have agreements with Auspost eparcel

Message 192 of 204
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Please let this thread rest in peace. It's had its time.

Thread was started: 04-10-2012 12:50 PM

Last relevant post of substance: 24-02-2017 08:32 AM 

(Start a new thread by clicking onto New message.)

An eBay member enters the thread

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, Miss?

Owner: What do you mean "miss"?

Mr. Praline: (pause) I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Owner: We're closin' for lunch.

Mr. Praline: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this thread what I popped into not half an hour ago from this very board.

Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the "How do sellers ship for so cheap in Australia ???" thread ... What's,uh... What's wrong with it?

Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead thread when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Owner: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable thread , the "How do sellers ship for so cheap in Australia ???" thread, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Mr. Praline: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Owner: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Mr. Praline: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the thread) 'Ello, Mister Polly Postage Thread! I've got a lovely fresh cuttle fish stamp for you if you have any current and relevant information...

(Owner posts a blank post)

Owner: There, he moved!

Mr. Praline: No, he didn't, that was you making a blank post!

Owner: I never!!

Mr. Praline: Yes, you did!

Owner: I never, never did anything...

Mr. Praline: (yelling and hitting "Post" repeatedly) 'ELLO POLLY THREAD!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes printout of the thread and thumps its head on a desk, throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead thread.

Owner: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

Mr. Praline: STUNNED?!?

Owner: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! "How do sellers ship for so cheap in Australia ???" threads stun easily, squire.

Mr. Praline: Um... now look... Now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That thread is definitely deceased, and when I popped into it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk of relevant information.

Owner: Well, he's... he's, ah... probably pining for the fjords.

Mr. Praline: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that? Look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im opened?

Owner: The "How do sellers ship for so cheap in Australia ???" thread prefers keepin' on its back! Remarkable thread, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!

Mr. Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that thread when I got a chance, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch at the top of this board in the first place was that it had been NAILED there by a moderator, or posted in by someone posting drivel, irrelevancy or all the substance of a vacuum.

(pause)

Owner: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that thread down, it would have nuzzled up to the confines of this community board, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Mr. Praline: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this thread wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!

Owner: No no! 'E's pining!

Mr. Praline: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This thread is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-THREAD!!

(With all due apologies to anyone posting inadvertently on this or any other zombie thread without realising that it is an old, old, old, dead zombie thread.)

Message 193 of 204
Latest reply

@ozziecentral wrote:

They usually have agreements with Auspost eparcel

I appreciate you have just found the boards, but if you had actually read the opening post you might have seen that -

a) it is very old, and

b) that the total price including postage was less than ANY eparcel service, and

c) the consensus, years ago, was that the seller is in all likelihood in China and being subsidised by the Chinese Government.

leading to -

d) it is usually a good idea to read threads, especially at what point they were current, before suggesting solutions that have no relevance. Which are in fact dead parrots threads

Message 194 of 204
Latest reply

abwacky
Community Member

Message 195 of 204
Latest reply

Ditto

Message 196 of 204
Latest reply

The length of time some people will spend composing and repeating themselves over and over and over again in an effort to impose their will on others is just incredible.    In-it?

Spoiler
form a circle - it aint dead yet.

Message 197 of 204
Latest reply

Wrong because if ita thicker than 20mm envelope then it's classed as a parcel and the buyer will be charged $8 something upon receiving there item
Message 198 of 204
Latest reply

SEVEN YEARS ago, when bestbay asked the question, it certainly didn't cost $8 to send a parcel. I think back then there was even a 250g parcel option.

However, if you had chosen to actually read the responses to the thread, you would have seen how such things are possible.

Message 199 of 204
Latest reply

@ozbuybargain wrote:
Wrong because if ita thicker than 20mm envelope then it's classed as a parcel and the buyer will be charged $8 something upon receiving there item

Yes, you would know, given you sold items for $6 with free postage, that would cost "$8 something" to post. 

PS, why are you paying for a store when you only have 7 items listed? That's insane!

Message 200 of 204
Latest reply