How is this even possible?

A buyer purchased a PC. Newbie with only 1 feedback. Over the course of the first 24 hours we received many messages from him asking about various things, upgrades etc. Often 3 or 4 messages in the space of 10 minutes or so, asking why we were ignoring him. Anyway, I sent out the item, a PC worth $957. After a couple of days he messaged saying he contacted Australia Post and he wasn't happy with the delivery timeframe and wanted a refund (he lives on Norfolk Island). He also started a return. I said that once we received the return I would refund. I then received a message from Ebay saying the buyer has asked them to step in an help. This morning I received a message saying they'd decided in the buyers favour and issued a full refund.

So, I am now without the item and the money. I lost the FVF and Ad fee, and now have a strike for case closed without seller resolution. The buyer also left neg feedback. 
I have been on chat with Ebay this morning and as I'm sure many will be familiar, it is like talking to a brick wall.

Any suggestions on anything that can be done here?
I really feel like I might be done with Ebay after this.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: How is this even possible?

namnie
Community Member

I am so sorry to hear your issue.  Delivery to Norfolk Island by Australia Post (or any other method) is slow because of the limited services they have available to them.  This person would be well aware of that unless he is living on another planet.   I had an issue some time ago (Philippines) I was banging my head against a brick wall.  I phoned eBay (phone number is not easy to find on their system) they helped me, even removed his negative feedback that I was selling counterfeit Bose head sets!!!!!!  Try that, hang in there, but I agree everything is too automated and slanted to the buyer with eBay! 

Message 31 of 31
Latest reply