How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian sellers with stock in sydney /darwin/ challora ETC

not only is it against ebays rules ( not that Ebay seems to care as there are thousands of them doing it) some have 800+ negative feedback within a year not only do they under cut the true AUSSIE seller because our beloved aus post will deliver their 500gm bag for 80 cents anywhere in australia yet we have to pay $6 to $8.50 for 500grm bag BUT THE BIG THING IS They suck millions of dollars a day out of australia via pay pal that never gets to recircculate within our economy no tax paid  so if anyone that reads this has connections within goverment or any one that can bring the hammer down on this dishonest unsafe ( as most of their products dont comply with our electrical certs or wels certs ) practice  and lets make enough noise that we bring this to ebays attention and get some action on this where is all that aussie patriotic pride that this country is renowned for ?????

Regards from FEELING RIPPED OFF

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

@macca4949 wrote:
ATO must be involved as eBay is being quite shifty in its dealings.

How does it follow that the ATO must be involved as ebay is being shifty in its dealings......and how is ebay being shifty?

Message 31 of 66
Latest reply

Re: How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

I started writing about item location misrepresentation and the practices of shipping consolidation back in 2017.  The practice has now exploded out of control as Chinese sellers jumped on the bandwagon.  eBay of course will do nothing to jeopodise their revenue by enforcing their own 'rules'.

We have now resorted to adding an advisory message to the bottom of all our listings to assist buyers make an informed decision:

(This item is GENUINELY located in Bairnsdale, Victoria and delivered to you in days.  Beware of other sellers with big feedback who say they are in Australia or New Zealand but drop ship from China and take weeks or months to deliver.  Easy to spot, as they use capital cities or states as location, not suburbs in their listings and do not round prices due to USD currency conversion).

After a buyer has one long and lengthy wait, they begin to learn about the big AU location / warehouse deception and might think twice next time around.

Message 32 of 66
Latest reply

I have been caught out by this sneaky way of selling. Saying that it will arrive in 3-5 business days but in reality it should say 3-5 weeks. What else can expect from China. They have been brought up by their corrupt government to lie. Just look at the coronavirus numbers. The Chinese government wants us to believe that the infected is 82,198. IT HAS BEEN AT THAT NUMBER FOR A WEEK. 

Message 33 of 66
Latest reply

@1lizard1

I was with you until you went way off track by including comments about the coronavirus.

There are threads to comment about coronavirus and this one, an old one at that, is not one of them.

Message 34 of 66
Latest reply

The best part about this thread is 1lizard1 acting if the Australian government, any party, is more truthful than the Chinese government
Message 35 of 66
Latest reply

Perhaps more concerning is this:

Australia seizes faulty coronavirus protective equipment imported from China

"FDA" disposable "antivirus" "surgical" face mask

Chinese websites are selling personal protective equipment that doesn't meet Australian standards.

Authorities have begun seizing Chinese-made faulty face masks and other protective clothing that is being exported to Australia to help halt the spread of coronavirus.

❝The ABC has learnt that in recent weeks, Australian Border Force (ABF) officers have intercepted several deliveries of personal protective equipment (PPE) that have been found to be counterfeit or otherwise faulty.❞

A law enforcement official told the ABC on condition of anonymity that ❝The dodgy material is coming via air cargo because there is a backlog of sea freight at Australian ports.❞

In the interests of fairness, the official also stressed that not all Chinese-made PPE is dodgy. There are legitimate ones, but they are approved through the TGA and listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods.

The main lesson is that the average person trying to buy surgical masks or P2/N95 masks from China is very probably buying cheaply-produced counterfeits that couldn't protect the wearer against so much as the common cold. It's foolish, uninformed, uncaring and selfish (in my opinion) to be importing such things - for many reasons, but at least one reason that I suspect would strike home with anyone who is worried about being infected with COVID-19 is this: wearing such masks gives the wearer a false sense of security and protection.

Spoiler

I was shopping in the morning - trying to find that pesky flour that I particularly want (and which is currently listed again on the Coles website, so I KNOW it's out there, somewhere, in some Coles supermarkets). There were also some other staples etc to buy with my mother. (I can no longer risk taking my father into supermarkets, much as he protests.) We were very quick in our shopping; I prefer to shop with a list prepared in advance, so that I'm not meandering through the aisles and impulse-buying. (I use the Out of Milk app, even though it's American. One of these days, I might code an Australian version to my exact taste and specifications, and see whether Apple will approve it. I was about to say "If I've got time..." Well! More "leisure time" is one thing that I think we all have at the moment, so it's not the lack of time, really...)

Armed with my app, and also using the Coles app to know in which aisle the products that we wanted were located, we didn't waste much time. Yet in that short period of perhaps 7 minutes in total, four people came within our four square metre bubble, in spite of my every care. It wasn't for longer than 3 seconds, but really...! Are some people simplyi so cocooned in their own view that this is much ado about nothing that they simply flout what is an enforceable directive and risks other people's lives?

Three of those four people were wearing masks. They are substituting their own uninformed opinion about how a mask (made of whatever dubious materials) protects them, while completely ignoring social distancing, the risk of infection from fomites, the possibility of on-the-spot fines, and the very life of other people who could not only become infected themselves, but carry that infection back to their household where potentially vulnerable family members are prohibited from going to supermarkets because of the very real danger of community transmission.

I started off politely saying things like "Please respect the 2 metre social distancing rule" and ended by glaring at offenders and wishing that they'd be pummelled by Hazmat-wearing martial artists.

I realise I've taken this thread slightly off its main trajectory... This may be the first time that I've vented on these boards. I don't know whether it felt good, but I do know that the cup of Melbourne Breakfast tea that I have just brewed was a very good idea.

Message 36 of 66
Latest reply

Why would they care? They get their cut. The only thing they seem interested in in the extinction of the small time seller.
Message 37 of 66
Latest reply

Me too had a gut full.  I am sick of the scams sick and tired of eBay allowing it.Some problems I have encountered either causing long delays or non delivery at all. And when I write a letter to the seller I do NOT like being called Dear with a love heart in their reply which always states please wait another few days or another month.

1. Listed as in Australia NSW, Sydney, Melbourne etc etc. Check the location of the seller and they are in china.

2. Listed as in Australia, check the seller he is in Australia. Buy the item. Item gets changed to listed in China ???????? In one case      recently (still waiting after 3 weeks for a bedspread) listing was changed to will not ship to Adelaide metro area where I live. Whaaaaaat? And the seller is now in China???? They have oy $40.00

3. Buy the item then eBay remove the item from sale

4. Lodge a non delivery case after the delivery time frame and I get a message from eBay saying my refund is suspended. It's my damn money I paid for it I do not have it tracking also shows this and eBay blames the chinese virus. NOT MY PROBLEM ScamBay but you are making it mine. WHY oh WHY do other items I buy at the same time from Australia arrive late but they arrive and this one does not has not and probably never will because we have a lock down no flights from china because of the free chinese virus that has destroyed the world. I want my money back. It's getting to the point where I will not buy at all on eBay ANYMORE as it's hit and miss if buyers get scammed but lately it's becoming total hit  !!!!!!!!!

5. Buy the item wait to weeks ebay remove it and refund my money what a waste of time. No way to do business. Wasted 2 weeks of my time then have to take yet another chance and order all over again.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Message 38 of 66
Latest reply

Make ALL OUR OWN GOODS HERE china deserves nothing less for what they have done to the world. Give us full employment I am tired of the rich greedy business owners saying sob sob wages are too high. Make and sell here and we can afford to buy withinn our own country.....................with our high wages. Only high if compared to Asian wages. Trade with Europe but do NOT FEED the chinese economy to build them up after the chinese virus hopefully passes as the world will be poor and china will grow richer. Think about it !

Message 39 of 66
Latest reply

@les83595262123 wrote:

Me too had a gut full.  I am sick of the scams sick and tired of eBay allowing it.Some problems I have encountered either causing long delays or non delivery at all. And when I write a letter to the seller I do NOT like being called Dear with a love heart in their reply which always states please wait another few days or another month.

1. Listed as in Australia NSW, Sydney, Melbourne etc etc. Check the location of the seller and they are in china.

2. Listed as in Australia, check the seller he is in Australia. Buy the item. Item gets changed to listed in China ???????? In one case      recently (still waiting after 3 weeks for a bedspread) listing was changed to will not ship to Adelaide metro area where I live. Whaaaaaat? And the seller is now in China???? They have oy $40.00

3. Buy the item then eBay remove the item from sale

4. Lodge a non delivery case after the delivery time frame and I get a message from eBay saying my refund is suspended. It's my damn money I paid for it I do not have it tracking also shows this and eBay blames the chinese virus. NOT MY PROBLEM ScamBay but you are making it mine. WHY oh WHY do other items I buy at the same time from Australia arrive late but they arrive and this one does not has not and probably never will because we have a lock down no flights from china because of the free chinese virus that has destroyed the world. I want my money back. It's getting to the point where I will not buy at all on eBay ANYMORE as it's hit and miss if buyers get scammed but lately it's becoming total hit  !!!!!!!!!

5. Buy the item wait to weeks ebay remove it and refund my money what a waste of time. No way to do business. Wasted 2 weeks of my time then have to take yet another chance and order all over again.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're a bundle of joy this morning 😤

Message 40 of 66
Latest reply