How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian sellers with stock in sydney /darwin/ challora ETC

not only is it against ebays rules ( not that Ebay seems to care as there are thousands of them doing it) some have 800+ negative feedback within a year not only do they under cut the true AUSSIE seller because our beloved aus post will deliver their 500gm bag for 80 cents anywhere in australia yet we have to pay $6 to $8.50 for 500grm bag BUT THE BIG THING IS They suck millions of dollars a day out of australia via pay pal that never gets to recircculate within our economy no tax paid  so if anyone that reads this has connections within goverment or any one that can bring the hammer down on this dishonest unsafe ( as most of their products dont comply with our electrical certs or wels certs ) practice  and lets make enough noise that we bring this to ebays attention and get some action on this where is all that aussie patriotic pride that this country is renowned for ?????

Regards from FEELING RIPPED OFF

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

Well this will now become tax fraud!

As of today any ebay items purchased  from outside Au and sent to an AU address  the buyer will be charged GST "at payment" by ebay (just had my first ebay GST payment on a UK purchase) So if you get charged the GST at payment point by ebay for an item  a seller clearly lists as "Item located in Australia" you will know the item is not in Australia and be within your rights  not to proceed with payment.

Drop shipping ebay sellers who deal from Australia will  have to include GST in the price of the goods they are selling from Australia or disclose that they are drop shipping overseas goods.  the ATO will not just ignor goods entering Australia GST free and neither will ebay! ebay now has an obligation  to charge buyers of overseas items GST on those overseas items.

If ebay does not charge GST on items comming from outside Australia they wil be committing AU tax fraud.  🙂

Message 21 of 66
Latest reply

Wow, that is an interesting point. I had not thought of that aspect.

You're right, if a seller lists something as in Australia, there should not be any extra GST.

Message 22 of 66
Latest reply

Some of us, and that would be me, learn some lessons the hard way, but the first course is enough, I don’t front for desert. Well, I actually did, but never no more. Chinese sellers, no matter how attractive the item ‘looks’ are on my forever ‘Sh** List.’

The mighty dollar though, seems to be The Almighty Dollar to some, and despite all the ever so apparent negative reviews they keep buying even after being burnt once or twice or more. Getting something for seemingly ‘chips’ appears to be the big attraction regardless of the tangible risks.

eBay has ably demonstrated an unwillingness to responsibly deal with the issue. They did assist me, but ultimately the seller keeps on keeping on with the same old bag of tricks. It’s up to the Australian buyer. STOP SUPPORTING CHINESE. It seems the only solution to me, but I’m not holding my breath there either! You’d think they’d eventually run out of buyers, but that’s not looking promising either.

I’m like everyone else, really pis*** with the issues created by deceitful Chinese sellers, but don’t have the answer other than not buying from them.

Feeling a bit cross this morning.

Melina.

Message 23 of 66
Latest reply

You're right, Melina. The only way to deal with fraudulent Chinese eBay sellers selling poor quality and fake items to Australians is for Australians not to buy those items.

There's no legislation - or at least no enforced legislation - which can deal with it from the Chinese eBay sellers' end.

It comes down to changing the mindset of enough people in Australia... I don't think it will happen, because this is part of the human condition. Some people will never buy from a Chinese eBay seller because of what they've heard or read ("preemptive"). Some people will never benefit from other people's experience, but need to be "burned" themselves ("fool me once" sort of people). Some people will never learn even from their own experience ("Ever a fool"). Some people will choose wisely and luckily with buying from eBay sellers (including Chinese sellers) and won't experience any issues. Some people will continue to buy fake items but the only remedy that ever occurs to them is to leave negative feedback and regard all eBay sellers are the enemy. Some people buy for what seems like the pleasure of being able to complain...

Message 24 of 66
Latest reply

I have been done quite a few times now and would never  buy any ebay goods from China that do not include "free postage".

How I have been scammed is the items never arrive and refund  given does not include original postage costs! its only a small amount of a few dollars and most buyers are happy to get the quick refund minus the reletivly small postage without starting a disspute  but its so obviouse some Chinese sellers have multi account junkets and are just skimming a % of postage costs from buyers around   the world without even sending the items   in the first place! ebay didnt want to know about my gripes and scam discovery neither did the answer center "experts" ( who mind you consist of almost 100% disgruntled sellers) because refund was always swiftly applied once  contact was made with seller about non arrival of purchase , so hey no problem in their eyes.

Many Chinese ebay junkets  make much much more from added postage than the little proffit on low cost items they sell,all they need is a bank of computers and  paypal acc,s. lol The  thing  most buyers do is not leave any feedback on the insistsnt pleas of poor down troden sellers who claim unsent items were lost in transit between Tizyurrr and Quonzyarr province. lol

Message 25 of 66
Latest reply

i would suggest that the search in australia only button not work on the fact that you list that your in australia and that we take a leaf out of the chinese book on alibaba if you want to be a gold supplier then you need to prove it ebay could have a section where genuine aus sellers that supply say a tax num or abn or super acc medicare num etc i mean we use all of those forms to show who we are all the time or the simple 100 points of id that we all need to do almost anything . 

Message 26 of 66
Latest reply

according to the ATO they will not be chasing gst from small  under $1000 orders they will let the online company do that and if the seller says thay are in aus then ebay wont know any different because most of them supply fake tracking that doesent work anyway i thought the other day about tax fraud as the amount of profit ebay show but in fact as they take only  about 8% of what is turned over and then take out their costs in running ebay wages etc etc and then show the profit then the actual turnover is beyond massive and that money would  be multi billions recuculating in our economy making a huge differance to the whole country

Message 27 of 66
Latest reply

If you have strong evidence that a seller is committing tax fraud by misrepresenting item location then you can report them to the ATO.
They will take a keen interest to get eBay to sort out the seller and if they don't then eBay are complicit in tax fraud themselves.
Message 28 of 66
Latest reply

ATO must be involved as eBay is being quite shifty in its dealings.
Message 29 of 66
Latest reply

Any particular reason you dragged up this old thread?

You've made unsupported allegations but haven't added anything relevant to the discussion.

Message 30 of 66
Latest reply