How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian sellers with stock in sydney /darwin/ challora ETC

not only is it against ebays rules ( not that Ebay seems to care as there are thousands of them doing it) some have 800+ negative feedback within a year not only do they under cut the true AUSSIE seller because our beloved aus post will deliver their 500gm bag for 80 cents anywhere in australia yet we have to pay $6 to $8.50 for 500grm bag BUT THE BIG THING IS They suck millions of dollars a day out of australia via pay pal that never gets to recircculate within our economy no tax paid  so if anyone that reads this has connections within goverment or any one that can bring the hammer down on this dishonest unsafe ( as most of their products dont comply with our electrical certs or wels certs ) practice  and lets make enough noise that we bring this to ebays attention and get some action on this where is all that aussie patriotic pride that this country is renowned for ?????

Regards from FEELING RIPPED OFF

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

@south.coffee wrote:

I wonder if 'Mangled Payments' might curtail this practice if the seller does not have a bank account in the country of registration ?

No, item location and seller location aren't related so MP won't change this at all. 

It should put an end to some other scams, though (eg hijacked accounts with fake items, listings with no safe payment method which have cropped up recently etc).  

Message 61 of 66
Latest reply

Re: How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

There are thousands of Australian 'shadow' accounts opened by overseas sellers possibly using a VPN to mask their geo location, so without an Australian bank account Mangled Payments may stop this from happening.

As soon as I see an Australia Post logo, Express Post logo or an Australian icon in the main item photograph that raises my suspicions straight away.  It is now becoming the norm for so many overseas sellers.

Message 62 of 66
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:

There are thousands of Australian 'shadow' accounts opened by overseas sellers possibly using a VPN to mask their geo location, so without an Australian bank account Mangled Payments may stop this from happening.

No - as I said, seller location and item location are not related. They can be, but they don't have to be - if a seller wants to lie about item location, they don't need shadow accounts and VPNs, they just need to use the eBay system as it was set up and allows.

That is how thousands of sellers legitimately dropship and / or use print on demand services etc to fulfil orders every day, by being able to list items located practically anywhere in the world, while they are registered / located somewhere else.

In order for the change to MP to have any impact on item location misrepresentation, they would have to "outlaw" dropshipping, and prevent it by tying seller and item location to bank account location, then never letting sellers list anything that is not located where they are. 

But, it's not like people can't have bank accounts in other countries, so even if they did do that, it wouldn't get rid of the practice entirely. 

Message 63 of 66
Latest reply

The Chinese own Ebay period including Ebay Au, so of course they rort the system, your complaining about China to China...lol

The only thing that makes chinese products bad for business is the cheapness of the products, this is mostly brought about by the UN and it sub agency that dictates for example;
Australia subsidies chinese postal costs, the fact is that for every chinese parcel that Australia post delivers, Australia post gets paid letter value $2 by the Australian government, the Chinese for Zero.

This is why you can buy a coffee cup from china for $3 with free freight, not only does this favour the chinese and drop shippers operating in the Australian economy, it also makes it almost impossible for an Australian quality based business to compete, even if you import from china you still pay the full postal costs along with duty and gst.

Drop shippers drop shipping out of China also benefit from the UN postal scam as the product is shipped from China by the Chinese company and attracts the UN postal deal, Hence the free postage on every single cheap product.

On the backside of this it also drives domestic postal costs with Australia through the roof for the everyday citizens, to even post a parcel domestically, Australia post will claw back their profit from within Australia from Australians.
Firms are outsourcing production to China in an effort to simply compete with China, pushing **bleep** uphill, the Chinese are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

Personally i aim my products at the US market as our dollar is rubbish to theirs and this makes it cheaper for Americans to do business with Australians, while i still retain my profit margin also i sell only higher end quality products made in the US and Australia not cheap chinese trinkets or sub par equipment.
Message 64 of 66
Latest reply

Personally, I try to keep a grip on reality.

Something you demonstrably don't do.

There is no UN postal deal. There is a postage covenant, which has nothing to do with the UN.

Message 65 of 66
Latest reply

Personally i aim my products at the US market as our dollar is rubbish to theirs and this makes it cheaper for Americans to do business with Australians, while i still retain my profit margin also i sell only higher end quality products made in the US and Australia not cheap chinese trinkets or sub par equipment.

Hmmmm.   But no sales for 6 months, making your store an expensive option.

Message 66 of 66
Latest reply