How to Milk Ebay + Paypal + Auspost System, Customer takes advantage!!!!

ozkish
Community Member

I got a customer who has purchased a phone worth AUD 860.00  in July 2015 which was shipped as normal.. 4 months he raised a case with PAYPAL.

I provided all details to PAYPAL with TRACKING NUMBER + ADDRESS + EBAY mail when the EParcel was created.

===================================

AUSPOST – DO NOT SHOW TRACKING MORE THAN 90 DAYS

EBAY – DO NOT ALLOW PRITING EPARCEL MORE THAN 90 DAYS

===================================

PAYPAL has charged my account because I could produce EPARCEL LABLES (the barcoded ones) , Thought I provided ebay email when label get created.

Morel of the story

There is no trace of any records of delivery hence get your $$$ back.. WHAT A STUPID SYSTEM EBAY + PAYPAL + AUSPOST

SEE ATTACHMENT !!!!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How to Milk Ebay + Paypal + Auspost System, Customer takes advantage!!!!

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you ring Australia Post and ask for copies of their receipts and tracking?

They can provide all of these details for well over 90 days....I have known them to provide them for up to a year after the item was posted.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

As Lyndal said contact AP they can help.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Let me try my luck tomorrow.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I must say that for an item of that price I would have been using a tracked delivery with insurance, signature on delivery and email tracking advice, especially as it would have to go road only.

Have you actually called Paypal and explained? For that value you would need prove of delivery, not just proof of sending but if it is possible to get that from AP then yoiu shoud do so.

I woud also contact the buyer and tell them you are initiating an enquiry with Aus Post and will also be contacting the police as the phone must have been stolen in transit as you still have the tracking number. If they are trying it on that may give them pause for thought.

I presume you also took note of the IMEI number of the phone so report it as stolen and it will be locked so the buyer or whoever else has got it will be unable to use it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

OP was it an irem not delivered claim or a chargeback/... a chargeback I can understand ... but an item not delivered

claim????

Honestly, A system that allows an item not delivered claim on a $860 item months and months after it was purchased is a

flawed system.

A legit buyer would have raised a dispute months ago....

Can any of the posters above think of a legitimate reason why a buyer would wait from July to October for their iphone?....

Can anybody think of a reason why a buyer would wait from July to October for delivery of any item purchased?

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

The goods was delivered.

Its a chase of chargeback.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal happily waits until 179 days, 23 hours and 59.99 seconds after the sale or payment (can't remember which) in order to let a buyer to take their money back and keep the item too. FeeBay for sellers, FreeBay for buyers!
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Report it to Acorn:  http://www.acorn.gov.au/

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

The timescale for a chargeback has nothing to do with Paypal's protection, it is a time limit set by the bank. A few banks do not cover 3rd party paymnt transactions, some allow chargebacks up to 90 days after payment and others allow them up to a year.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply