How to cancel a PayPal payment

I had a buyer pay through PayPal last night & it was showing up like an eCheque & no details about payment.

So i just had Customer Service ring me back & tell me that because i changed my email address after the item was listed that the payment is in limbo.Also told me that the buyer has to cancel the payment,i have to send her another invoice so she can pay again.

I had my email address hijacked so i changed it a couple of nights ago + all my other eBay passwords etc.What a freakin nuisance!

So is it easy for the buyer to cancel the PayPal payment?Any vital instructions she may need to know? I've never done it & got no idea.I just msg her what eBay said,she prob going to be annoyed.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to cancel a PayPal payment

You can cancel a payment you've sent if its status is 'Unclaimed' in the 'Payment Status' column.
'Unclaimed' means the recipient has not received or accepted your payment yet, so here's how to cancel it:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click History under My Account.
  3. Click Cancel in the Order status/Actions column of the transaction in question.
  4. Click Cancel Payment.
Note:
You can also check your payment status in My Recent Activity and Payments Sent pages.
If Cancel is not an option in the Order status/Actions column, the payment cannot be cancelled.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can cancel a payment you've sent if its status is 'Unclaimed' in the 'Payment Status' column.
'Unclaimed' means the recipient has not received or accepted your payment yet, so here's how to cancel it:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click History under My Account.
  3. Click Cancel in the Order status/Actions column of the transaction in question.
  4. Click Cancel Payment.
Note:
You can also check your payment status in My Recent Activity and Payments Sent pages.
If Cancel is not an option in the Order status/Actions column, the payment cannot be cancelled.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks so much,just needed to know if she asks me about how it's done.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

I had a buyer pay through PayPal last night & it was showing up like an eCheque & no details about payment.

So i just had Customer Service ring me back & tell me that because i changed my email address after the item was listed that the payment is in limbo.Also told me that the buyer has to cancel the payment,i have to send her another invoice so she can pay again.

I had my email address hijacked so i changed it a couple of nights ago + all my other eBay passwords etc.What a freakin nuisance!

So is it easy for the buyer to cancel the PayPal payment?Any vital instructions she may need to know? I've never done it & got no idea.I just msg her what eBay said,she prob going to be annoyed.

I need to canlkk

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I need to canlkk

Go ahead - probably after 8 years - no-one is looking. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I am not sure what canlkk is  (cancel?)

Whatever it is, posting a comment out of context on a thread from 2014 is not going to achieve anything

Nor can you cancel a payment for an item you bought (IF this is what you are wanting to do)

Only the seller cab cancel, and they are not obliged to do so

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply