How to close dispute of wrong item shipped

Hi folks,

I was wondering if I could get help.

I sell dog collars that we make ourselves and eBay is one of the platforms we use to sell our Narrazee K9 dog collars. A buyer has just opened a dispute for a refund due to the wrong item being sent to them and sent photos with a ruler to show us the size is incorrect.

However, based on what they've sent, and we are also certain, we've sent out the correct item. We did however let the buyer know that we're more than happy to send them a larger size without having to return the item free of charge, including postage. (Even though we'd be operating at a fair a bit of loss, just to thank them for their trouble of contacting us and providing photos)

Anyways, to cut things short. Technically the issue is solved, the buyer said they didn't measure the dog's neck, we sent them the correct size and just assumed that the size they ordered was going to fit the dog.

As the dispute is opened up on eBay requesting for a refund, how do I close the issue? The only options I've found were as follows:

- Refund

- Contact buyer

- Report buyer

I don't need to report the buyer, I just want to make it as a solved issue on eBay.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: How to close dispute of wrong item shipped

Ok then so when the new policy comes in 2016 will all our defects be removed?

So what I'm saying that perhaps 1 defect on an account won't hurt if it gets removed next year.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Gec2002, I haven't given a refund. I've also messaged them to let them know about it as well.

Thank you for the extra tip! So hopefully buyer dearest won't be escalating it to a dispute, as they've also said they'll put in a nice word.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

That would be absolutely great if eBay does that crow333crow!

@collect247 wrote:

So what I'm saying that perhaps 1 defect on an account won't hurt if it gets removed next year.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

I personally can't wait because I have been hanging by a thread each month not to get suspended due to defects received by naughty buyers saying they never received their items or items not as described which are totally incorrect on the buyers behalf but never the less I cop a defect.

8 defects is the max from memory from 3 or 4 different buyers b4 you get a slap from ebay and I have received 7,so croosing my fingers each month that no other buyers try it on haha.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Defects shouldn't hurt an account until you have them from at least 5 buyers. There is some miniscule protection there. I doubt ebay will remove defects when the new policy comes in...In fact I think they will actually backdate the postage defects....Even though it doesn't actually say defect it still reduces sales.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I personally can't wait because I have been hanging by a thread each month not to get suspended due to defects received by naughty buyers saying they never received their items or items not as described which are totally incorrect on the buyers behalf but never the less I cop a defect.

8 defects is the max from memory from 3 or 4 different buyers b4 you get a slap from ebay and I have received 7,so croosing my fingers each month that no other buyers try it on haha.

Oh my goodness! That's absolutely horrible! The customers we have are generally pretty good, which I'm sure yours are as well. This will be a great blessing for you!

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

I would prefer a zombie apocolype to this

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply