How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I wanted to start a thread where members could suggest things that would improve the selling experience for sellers.  I want this to be a constructive thread and not one that disintegrates into posters having a go at eachother or denigrating suggestions.

We have all seen the multitude of "negs for buyers" threads and I don't want this thread to get into a to-and-fro between those that are for and against negs for buyers and same old arguments repeated all over again.

Most of the suggestions that get posted have probably been posted before, but probably not on a single thread.  If really good proactive suggestions are made then next time eBay send any of us a survey asking "How can we improve?" then we can list the best ideas that are posted here.

I'll kick it off with the next two posts as I would like each post to contain a single concise suggestion without having to be explained too much. After all . . . . . if it has to be explained in detail then it isn't really a simple idea for improving eBay selling.

Readers can give Kudos to those suggestions that they agree with.

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: How to improve eBay.au for sellers

Haven't had time to read all so sorry if repeated, but how about more free listings to those sellers who do the right things and get the required ratings.....
Message 81 of 152
Latest reply

_Hooray

Message 82 of 152
Latest reply

In light of a different thread posted on the boards recently (http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Deleting-variations-When-zero-quantity-out-of-stock/m-p/1369... the ability to delete sold, out of stock variations so that they don't continue to appear in listings. 

Message 83 of 152
Latest reply

One thing I find very annoying is when I am sending out invoices.

I send several invoices out at a time after my Auction items have finished for the day. Each time I finish one and send it out I get the option on the next page to "return to My Ebay". This only takes me back to the top of the home page not to where I can send the next invoice which is my "Sold" page. I then have to scroll down AGAIN to find the next to invoice.

I would like the option after I have sent an invoice to choose "Send another invoice" which would take me straight to where I need to be.

Message 84 of 152
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Trust and safety reporting process is signficantly improved,

making it easier to report bulk listings that appear to be breaching the same policy ie. rainbow rose seeds

They need to bring back the brief description box so that the new lot would know why the listing was reported,

(when reporting a scammer the last selection is You suspect that a listing is fraudulent with this bit attached

to it:   The listing has items being sold without the owner's authorisation. You didn't bid).

This is only the case for hijacked accounts and it's not the case when reporting scam listings,(hence why T & S

agents will have no idea why it's being reported).

The report section needs an overhaul and more appropriate reasons stated.

Message 85 of 152
Latest reply

@griffinvale wrote:

One thing I find very annoying is when I am sending out invoices.

I send several invoices out at a time after my Auction items have finished for the day. Each time I finish one and send it out I get the option on the next page to "return to My Ebay". This only takes me back to the top of the home page not to where I can send the next invoice which is my "Sold" page. I then have to scroll down AGAIN to find the next to invoice.

I would like the option after I have sent an invoice to choose "Send another invoice" which would take me straight to where I need to be.

If I have multiple invoices to send out, I send, then click and hold the back button and go back to my sellers page. It (eventually) jumps back to where I left off, so I can just scroll up or down to get to the next sold item.

Message 86 of 152
Latest reply

I would like to see the eBay site in general fixed up. If I click on something, then hit the back button, it goes back, then the page jumps down, then jumps back up again (not sure if I'm making sense here). I might click on an item on my watch list, then decide I don't want it on my watch list any more because the listing has ended and when I click the back button so I can check the box to delete it, the page goes back to where it was, then jumps down, then jumps back up again. On my sellers page the other day, I accidentally hit the print postage label button when I didn't wait for it to do the jumpy thing. I've wondered whether buyers have accidentally bought something due to this happening. I haven't encountered this on any other site I've been to, so assume it's an eBay thing.

Message 87 of 152
Latest reply

Thanks ilovemychooks,

I do use the back button, I hit it twice which takes me back where I left but this does not update the ones I have already sent. I need to be careful I dont send someone another invoice, especially multiple item purchasers.

Message 88 of 152
Latest reply

My current method for doing multiple, identical actions such as sending invoices is to open My eBay All Selling, then click on the relevant link to bring up all related transactions or listings (eg for invoices, I click the link to bring up all items currently awaiting payment).

Then, I use the mouse wheel to click on 'Send Invoice' - clicking the mouse-wheel is a 1-click "open link in new tab" instruction, which means you don't leave the page in your current tab, so each page to send an invoice opens in a separate tab.

The 'Send Invoice' link goes purple on the page once it has been clicked on and opened, so you still get a visual inidcator as to which transactions / buyers you've sent an invoice to (and obviously if you have a buyer with multiple items, you only click the send invoice button for one of their items, but if you need a quick reminder who you've sent an invoice to, refresh the page - any 'send invoice' links you've clicked will still be purple, of course, and any multiple item transactions will be grouped together if an invoice has been sent, rather than separated). The best thing is it means you can go along each tab and send invoices swiftly, with no backspacing and reloading. 

Message 89 of 152
Latest reply

Thanks dg,

I did a testy and that seems to work so I will do it that way from now on.

Never too old to learn I guess!

Message 90 of 152
Latest reply