How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I wanted to start a thread where members could suggest things that would improve the selling experience for sellers.  I want this to be a constructive thread and not one that disintegrates into posters having a go at eachother or denigrating suggestions.

We have all seen the multitude of "negs for buyers" threads and I don't want this thread to get into a to-and-fro between those that are for and against negs for buyers and same old arguments repeated all over again.

Most of the suggestions that get posted have probably been posted before, but probably not on a single thread.  If really good proactive suggestions are made then next time eBay send any of us a survey asking "How can we improve?" then we can list the best ideas that are posted here.

I'll kick it off with the next two posts as I would like each post to contain a single concise suggestion without having to be explained too much. After all . . . . . if it has to be explained in detail then it isn't really a simple idea for improving eBay selling.

Readers can give Kudos to those suggestions that they agree with.

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: How to improve eBay.au for sellers

Whoah!! That man certainly needs to go somewhere there is no key.

Kind of reminds me of the General played by Jack Nicholson in the movie (brain is not helping me here) with Tom Cruise... you know the one I mean....same meglomaniac mentality - none of it based on reality.

Message 151 of 152
Latest reply

Re: How to improve eBay.au for sellers

Improve for Sellers?   How about Sellers all petition ebay against the recently introduced Buyer Change of Mind Option?

ebay being an auction house, not a department store which takes back change of mind and gives refunds,   acting on behalf of a seller and a buyer, taking a commission from seller for sales,   a bid being a commitment to buy and pay for,  that's the general purpose of a bid isn't it -   sellers have every right to expect payment from a buyer.  Change of mind is out of order.

They bid, they want to buy the thing.    Why should sellers be mucked around by any potential change of mind decision?

If a seller does not agree to refund or cancel a bid due to change of mind, ebay's next request is that sellers should work with buyers to reach amicable solution.   The solution would be:  buyer, pay for your purchase now.   There is no other solution.   Sellers should reasonably expect payment by using the auction system.

ebay is an auction house.  Real-estate  auction  houses around the world do not refund or cancel bids due to change of mind.

No way.  If they did, they wouldn't have a "business".    Are ebay blurring their lines here between auction house (they are intermediaries and agents of sellers and buyers, they do not own the stock which changes hands on ebay bought and sold),  and department store?    Will this enhance their image?

Is ebay wanting to please buyers at the expense of sellers, and groom them into becoming Shareholders once it becomes a public company 2015?   That way they can get their money back in wonderful dividends.  Why should buyer change of mind be available at all?   What does anybody else think?      It is detrimental to sellers.    If a seller chooses to file an unpaid item case for buyer nonpayment perhaps due to change of mind or just not paying,  sellers only option to give feedback is of the positive kind.

That way, how can anybody get a true picture of a buyer's behaviour?    
Just asking.

Message 152 of 152
Latest reply