How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I wanted to start a thread where members could suggest things that would improve the selling experience for sellers.  I want this to be a constructive thread and not one that disintegrates into posters having a go at eachother or denigrating suggestions.

We have all seen the multitude of "negs for buyers" threads and I don't want this thread to get into a to-and-fro between those that are for and against negs for buyers and same old arguments repeated all over again.

Most of the suggestions that get posted have probably been posted before, but probably not on a single thread.  If really good proactive suggestions are made then next time eBay send any of us a survey asking "How can we improve?" then we can list the best ideas that are posted here.

I'll kick it off with the next two posts as I would like each post to contain a single concise suggestion without having to be explained too much. After all . . . . . if it has to be explained in detail then it isn't really a simple idea for improving eBay selling.

Readers can give Kudos to those suggestions that they agree with.

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: How to improve eBay.au for sellers

Combined postage:

This seller offers a combined postage discount of - $5. $10, etc... for 3-4 or more items

Obtain combined invoice for postage discount from seller option or could be worded better than that

Message 91 of 152
Latest reply

I know exactly what you mean about the page jumping up and down. It happens because it is loading so many images. You just have to be patient until they have all downloaded before clicking on anything.

Message 92 of 152
Latest reply

best thing ebay can do to help sellers is stop with all the changes.

why they seem to always mess with things that are not broke.  

Message 93 of 152
Latest reply

Not all users are aware that Friday is maintenance day in AU, so regular announcements of maintenance times - prominently displayed at log in, so users are aware that the platform may be glitchy at that time.  

Message 94 of 152
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

Since the subject of combined postage has come up in several posts, make the RECALCULATE button on the invoice when combining postage cost actually recalculate, rather than default to the original.

Gosh that would be nice, a function that has been misleading and stuffed for several years actually being rejigged to do as it promises .. bliss

Message 95 of 152
Latest reply

I'd give more heaps more kudos if I could for that post.

Message 96 of 152
Latest reply

Here's another one for you slr......

There appears to be a lack of action taken by eBay/T & S over bid retractions, this is one that I came across yesterday.

Bidders: 10Bids: 36Time Ended: Jul-14-14 20:05:28 PDTDuration: 7 days  
 This item has ended.
Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown. Automatic bids may be placed days or hours before a listing ends. Learn more about bidding - opens in a new window or tab.
Show automatic bids
Bidder Click here to know more about anonymous user IDsBid Amount Bid Time
  Member Id: t***t ( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)   US $681.00Jul-10-14 10:43:38 PDT
  Member Id: s***a ( 263Feedback score is 100 to 499)   US $671.00Jul-10-14 02:30:09 PDT
  Member Id: t***t ( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)   US $661.00Jul-09-14 20:15:34 PDT
  Member Id: 2***y ( 8 )   US $651.00Jul-09-14 19:53:19 PDT
  Member Id: t***t ( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)   US $650.99Jul-09-14 20:15:31 PDT
  Member Id: t***t ( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)   US $630.99Jul-09-14 20:15:28 PDT
  Member Id: t***t ( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)   US $610.99Jul-09-14 19:54:17 PDT
  Member Id: t***t ( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)   US $590.99Jul-09-14 19:54:10 PDT
  Member Id: t***t ( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)   US $570.99Jul-09-14 19:54:03 PDT
  Member Id: t***t ( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)   US $550.99Jul-09-14 10:32:14 PDT

Bid History: Details

Bidding Details
Bidder Information
Bidder: s***a ( 263Feedback score is 100 to 499)
Item description: Item Title: WWII GOLDEN KITE 5th MEDAL japanese army & navy empire military badge japan WW2
Bids on this item: 1
30-Day Summary
Total bids: 159
Items bid on: 131
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 0% Help
Bid retractions: 8
Bid retractions (6 months): 573

Yes the winner was a nibble bidder and ended up paying about twice the going price for the medal...........

BTW the retractions for that bidder yesterday were 15 in 30 days................Grrrrrr...........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 97 of 152
Latest reply

thumbs down to eBay for removing a valuable function to implement the carpier new follow seller function.

Please eBay return the ability to leave (private) notes on a saved (or followed) seller !!!!!!!!!!

Message 98 of 152
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

thumbs down to eBay for removing a valuable function to implement the carpier new follow seller function.

Please eBay return the ability to leave (private) notes on a saved (or followed) seller !!!!!!!!!!

Great, but I'd love to see those bidders that retract that often get slammed for their actions..........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 99 of 152
Latest reply

a feature that should be available to sellers when listing is the ability to exclude buyers from certain Australian postcode ranges.  This is because some items can not legally be sent to those regions for quarantine reasons e.g. plant materials to WA or TAS

Message 100 of 152
Latest reply