How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I wanted to start a thread where members could suggest things that would improve the selling experience for sellers.  I want this to be a constructive thread and not one that disintegrates into posters having a go at eachother or denigrating suggestions.

We have all seen the multitude of "negs for buyers" threads and I don't want this thread to get into a to-and-fro between those that are for and against negs for buyers and same old arguments repeated all over again.

Most of the suggestions that get posted have probably been posted before, but probably not on a single thread.  If really good proactive suggestions are made then next time eBay send any of us a survey asking "How can we improve?" then we can list the best ideas that are posted here.

I'll kick it off with the next two posts as I would like each post to contain a single concise suggestion without having to be explained too much. After all . . . . . if it has to be explained in detail then it isn't really a simple idea for improving eBay selling.

Readers can give Kudos to those suggestions that they agree with.

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I would like it if eBay didn't assume they know better than me how to relist my items.  

Went to relist BIN's that suddenly had 'Best Offer' ticked (not anything I had done).  Okay if you spot it before it is listed, but if you don't, that's one off the monthly allowance to end item and relist again.

I pay eBay to use the platform, but I do not pay them to interfere with the format of how I list/relist my items.

Message 101 of 152
Latest reply

What a great thread!

I would like ebay to waive all fees from 1995.

There should be no fees at all.

Making Paypal non-manatory payment option

Ebay to charge "advertisers" not ebay sellers on their pages

Australia Post to reduce postage prices across Australia

30 Day Listing for non store holders

An Australian Call Centre

Improving the feedback system

Message 102 of 152
Latest reply

Definitely an Australian Call Centre, where staff are well versed on eBay policy/rules/etc, and you could speak to two different people and get the same answer from both.  Bliss!!

Message 103 of 152
Latest reply

bring back eSayers.

For those who are unfamiliar with eSayers, it was an eBay initiative where members, both buyers and sellers, were invited to join a member advisory panel called eSayers.  They were sent surveys about eBay with a view to having eBay know more about what members were thinking and how eBay could be improved.  The surveys also provided group members the opportunity to make suggestions and give detailed written responses to eBay issues.

I was invited back in May of 2010, but eSayers was discontinued about two years ago.

eSayers.JPG

Message 104 of 152
Latest reply

That seems like it would have been a reasonable and responsible idea.  

Unfortunately, the eBay surveys we get these days do not allow us to provide the appropriate suggestions - and one has to wonder if eBay ever takes anything on board anymore.  

I'm quite sure that eBay pays 'whomever' a substantial sum to send us these CS Feedback Surveys.  Are they designed  to make us believe that any comments we make ARE taken on board??  I strongly doubt it.  IMO these are sent to give us a 'feel good' attitude that  we have made a contribution to eBay, and what we say is being read in the ivory towers in Switzerland.

Pigs flapping wings as I type.

Message 105 of 152
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

I would like it if eBay didn't assume they know better than me how to relist my items.  

Went to relist BIN's that suddenly had 'Best Offer' ticked (not anything I had done).  Okay if you spot it before it is listed, but if you don't, that's one off the monthly allowance to end item and relist again.

I pay eBay to use the platform, but I do not pay them to interfere with the format of how I list/relist my items.

Or you could edit it.

Message 106 of 152
Latest reply

Appreciate that I can edit it - as I have done.  

My point is that how I format my listings/relistings is up to me.  It is not up to eBay to 'take over' my listing formats.  And they should butt out.  

Message 107 of 152
Latest reply

i-once-was-bump wrote:

To help buyers it is a good idea for sellers of pick up only items to put the suburb in either the title or subtitle.

This one came from the "buyer's advice" thread I started today, but I think it has strong merit here.  Credit to bump for this one

For pickup items, sellers should put their suburb and postcode in the listing Title.

(By suburb, it would mean something like "Footscray" rather than a broader suburb of "Melbourne", that's why postcode is very useful)

Message 108 of 152
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Appreciate that I can edit it - as I have done.  

My point is that how I format my listings/relistings is up to me.  It is not up to eBay to 'take over' my listing formats.  And they should butt out.  

Your complaint, this time, was that you had to end and relist, thus using a free listing. My point was that you could edit and thus NOT use a freebie to amend. Your response seems to be that you did that. Therefore your initial premise that it cost you a listing is wrong. So you then changed your complaint to one that is equally flawed.

I think I've got it? unless you shift the goalposts yet again.

Message 109 of 152
Latest reply

Your point was that you had to end a listing and relist.

You then agreed that editing would and does have the same result. Therefore you don't have to end and relist. Ther3fore your initial premise is, at best, ingenuous.

Message 110 of 152
Latest reply