How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I wanted to start a thread where members could suggest things that would improve the selling experience for sellers.  I want this to be a constructive thread and not one that disintegrates into posters having a go at eachother or denigrating suggestions.

We have all seen the multitude of "negs for buyers" threads and I don't want this thread to get into a to-and-fro between those that are for and against negs for buyers and same old arguments repeated all over again.

Most of the suggestions that get posted have probably been posted before, but probably not on a single thread.  If really good proactive suggestions are made then next time eBay send any of us a survey asking "How can we improve?" then we can list the best ideas that are posted here.

I'll kick it off with the next two posts as I would like each post to contain a single concise suggestion without having to be explained too much. After all . . . . . if it has to be explained in detail then it isn't really a simple idea for improving eBay selling.

Readers can give Kudos to those suggestions that they agree with.

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I haven't read all the posts here because I am finding it extremely difficult to read any with a green background so if I am repeating htings sorry.

DG stated in one of her posts "and it can only be because buying all items they are interested in and making one payment is not intuitive for buyers" and I would like to say in response to that, it is the ebay app that has people making 10 payments for 10 items.

It doesn't matter if it is Apple or Android the app should be removed and not made available until all glitches are sorted.

Too many listings are showing as "Free Postage" when there is an actual postal charge in the original listing.

Descriptions are truncated on some listings.

It is a schmozzle.

The whole app thing is totally useless and you could probably pay a couple of year 12s from the local high school to produce a much better app that what ebay have probably spent millions of sellers fees on.

Message 111 of 152
Latest reply

Hello, everyone.

This thread is getting a little off-topic.

Could we please bring the discussion back to the topic.

Thanks!

Message 112 of 152
Latest reply

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

I haven't read all the posts here because I am finding it extremely difficult to read any with a green background so if I am repeating htings sorry.

The whole app thing is totally useless and you could probably pay a couple of year 12s from the local high school to produce a much better app that what ebay have probably spent millions of sellers fees on.

bump, thanks for your contribution . . . . . you did not repeat any post so far, sorry about all the green!

The app does need to be fully functional to be an effective tool for both sellers and buyers.

Message 113 of 152
Latest reply

@underbat wrote:

Hello, everyone.

This thread is getting a little off-topic.

Could we please bring the discussion back to the topic.

Thanks!

thanks underbat

The topic being . . . . posting ideas for How to improve eBay.au for sellers

Message 114 of 152
Latest reply

Love the eBay ap to buy with, a desk top computer is simply not portable.  I buy frequently when items come up in my search, no matter where I may be at the time Cat Happy

With so many eBay buyers using a phone ap to make their purchases it would be fantastic if the glitches were fixed as a matter of priority given the detrimental effect they can have on a buyers experience and a sellers performance.

Message 115 of 152
Latest reply

Seller able to block bad buyers who left many negative feedbacks to other ebay sellers. And every buyer or seller should have one eBay ID only.

Message 116 of 152
Latest reply

@aquacor wrote:

Seller able to block bad buyers who left many negative feedbacks to other ebay sellers. And every buyer or seller should have one eBay ID only.

while I respect your opinion, and your right to express your opinion, I will reply to the bit I highlighted.

There are some good reasons for members to have more than one eBay ID.  I have more than one, and that is because what I buy on one I sell on another.  I do not want my buyers seeing what I paid for the item they are buying from me.  I do "value add" to the items I buy before I sell them, but I still think it is no one else's business knowing what I buy and how much I pay.

Other sellers have multiple selling IDs.  One reason is that they operate a store on one ID and utilise the 40 free listings on another (non-store) ID.

Some of the earlier posts on this thread dealt with tightening the eBay registration process and more rigorous identity checks to stop buyers from simply starting a new ID when one gets too many strikes to bid/buy.

- Cross-referencing between buyer accounts to restrict members who try to circumvent blocks by opening new accounts (post #11, thanks digital*ghost)

- Significantly improved account ID verification requirements (post #12, thanks thecatspjs)

Message 117 of 152
Latest reply

I always know the buyers who use the app for their purchases - they are the ones who ask questions which are already written in the description, or the ones who complain after receiving their items that something wasn't as expected, almost always because they didn't read the description (for me, that usually is associated with clothing sizes).

Message 118 of 152
Latest reply

Absolutely fabulous thread.

Can I add my bit about the app. It needs to be fixed and fast.

A priority for the app from my view is the need for combined payment for multiple purchases from one seller.

Fix the "free post" glitch too would be somewhat important!!!!!

DEFECTS: Somewhere here someone had a great idea - abolish it and replace with positive insentives for sellers. None of us like being called defective, especially when we clearly are not....This is a very bad policy written by completely out-of-touch staff who have no idea what actually happens at the transaction between seller and buyer level.

Please allow exchange of email addresses - it just makes some transactions so much easier and has nothing to do with cheating eaby out of sales. The folks who want to trade away from ebay will do so anyway.

Message 119 of 152
Latest reply

bene308
Community Member
I don't really think ebay cares about improving things for sellers. They would get more money from the advertisers on here than from a seller.
I know myself I look something up to buy ads for other sites come up and 9 times out of 10 in the last 6 months I have bought from them not ebay.
Message 120 of 152
Latest reply