How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I wanted to start a thread where members could suggest things that would improve the selling experience for sellers.  I want this to be a constructive thread and not one that disintegrates into posters having a go at eachother or denigrating suggestions.

We have all seen the multitude of "negs for buyers" threads and I don't want this thread to get into a to-and-fro between those that are for and against negs for buyers and same old arguments repeated all over again.

Most of the suggestions that get posted have probably been posted before, but probably not on a single thread.  If really good proactive suggestions are made then next time eBay send any of us a survey asking "How can we improve?" then we can list the best ideas that are posted here.

I'll kick it off with the next two posts as I would like each post to contain a single concise suggestion without having to be explained too much. After all . . . . . if it has to be explained in detail then it isn't really a simple idea for improving eBay selling.

Readers can give Kudos to those suggestions that they agree with.

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: How to improve eBay.au for sellers

This one is probably a minor issue - but on occasion I have had buyers saying they haven't received their invoice (stalling for time?? I don't know). 

I would like to see the date of issue on the original invoice, so when another has to be sent, the buyer can see the date the invoice was first sent.

Message 131 of 152
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

The ability to deactivate an individual listing without ending it, so that it cannot be seen in search results or purchased from, but when reactivated, all sales history, rankings etc is not lost, plus an option to automatically put a listing in 'deactivate' mode if stock sells out, rather than ending it.

In a shock twist....

eBay have made this feature available.

woo hoo

For any seller who would find this useful, you can now go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences and activate the out of stock feature, which will hide but not end listings when they sell out or the quantity is manually reduced to 0. 🙂

Message 132 of 152
Latest reply

Cat Surprised

but does it work? Cat Tongue

Message 133 of 152
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Cat Surprised

but does it work? Cat Tongue

It had better Smiley Surprised

I like that little woo-hoo critter. Don't let him down, eBay, he's so happy. 😄

Message 134 of 152
Latest reply

Remove the ebay moderators that's my wish

Message 135 of 152
Latest reply

Here's the things i would like to see.

1. Instead of defects how about incentives to do better.

2. Bring back the negative feedback button for sellers to make it even.

3. Do not allow a non payer to purchase anything else for a while. Make sure they know this will happen.

4. No more listing fees, or raise the 40 free listings to 100. per month.

5. If buyers have a problem with an item, they must contact the seller. They cannot leave negative or neutral feedback if they have not contacted the seller, and at least tried to have the problem sorted out.

6.If sellers can produce proof of postage - that should be enough to avoid a refund for item not received. The buyer can then claim through Australia post.

Message 136 of 152
Latest reply

I don't know about sellers being able to give personal neg feedback, 'getting even' was exactly how it was used in the past and most outrageously unfairly a lot of the time, in my opinion.

BUT I think it would be a good idea for ebay to automatically issue a red dot if a buyer is issued an unpaid item strike.

It would be easy for ebay to do. Once the case was decided, the red dot would automatically be added to the person's feedback, with some generic comment such as 'Unpaid item strike was issued for item xyz', with a link to the item listing and photo etc

And that would also affect the person's score. So if they were on a score of 5 and had 10 unpaid item strikes, they would go to minus 5.

And that says it all, doesn't it. At a glance, everyone could see -not that they were a newbie-but that they were a bad buyer or seller.

Message 137 of 152
Latest reply

You can do this now with postage rules
Message 138 of 152
Latest reply

Not replying to rpchp, just hitting reply on the last message.

I would like the see the app sorted out. As it stands, each time a new update/upgrade comes out, it's worse than the last. A lot of sellers have admitted they do everything using their phone.

With the app, you can't open a dispute. You can't close a dispute. You can't even send your buyer an invoice. You can't check your bidders/buyers feedback. Not to mention that buyers can't pay for a combined invoice, so seller gets hit with fees for each transaction. That's just to name a few issues.

I know sellers (and buyers) can login to the non app version of eBay on their phone, but that's not the point. Why should they have to when the app is supposed to replace that?

Message 139 of 152
Latest reply

I would really like to see the entire feedback system cleaned up.

It might be simplistic but where no feedback is left for a Seller automated + feedback  & 5  stars across DSRs should be assigned after an appropriate amount of time.

Buyers with NPB strikes receive  an automated red dot for each just saying eg: "Non payment strike" (as I believe others have mentioned)

With all the new changes and imposts on Sellers I would like to have the power to sell or not sell to anyone based on the above changes  fb received & recognising their fb left for others. 

I believe we as Sellers should at the very least have the right NOT to deal with serial offending buyers without having to run the gauntlet of the defect system.

JMHO Thank you" slr" for the opportunity to offer it. 

Smiley Happy

Message 140 of 152
Latest reply