How to lodge a formal complaint against Ebay customer service?

I'm a seller who is losing daily sales due to Ebay customer service refusing to act on a void item not received case & an 84 year old, new user who is asking to close case but can't navigate the platform properly, despite my attempts to help. The customer service has been atrocious (not sure if it is India now?), it's costing me money & I would like to lodge a complaint so this doesn't happen to other users. Please help.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: How to lodge a formal complaint against Ebay customer...

Have you tried again to resolve the issue with ebay CS livechat.   As you claim the INR case is now void, I presume you have proof of delivery, be it tracking or buyers message.

I do not understand how this issue can be costing you sales,  as prospective buyers have no reference to your dispute and your FB score and comments have not been affected.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Since this case was accidently opened by the buyer, my sales have gone to essentially 0 from a consistent sales base. The buyer, never made payment, non-paying bidder case opened & closed. Customer sought help being a new user on how to re-order, tried to assist but eventually referred him to customer service, who didn't guide him effectively. A week later item not received case is opened. I advised customer no payment was ever made, he messaged back saying he thought case message was a message to paypal!! Customer later realised he wasn't speaking to paypal & he requested in the case message he didn't wish to proceed & confirmed that no payment was ever made as he entered his card details incorrectly. I have spent many hours to live customer service, fighting just to escalate to a manager. They keep saying item is not covered by buyer protection & they will not act on it, they will let it close after 21 business days. As a seller, no open case is good to have left open, even more so when it is an invalid case in the first place! I believe the new ebay customer service is based in India, the service is terrible & they don't seem to understand policy. The ability for sellers to escalate the dispute is also no longer active on ebay.com.au.
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

The only way an open case can affect your sales, is if ebay get vindictive and "turn the light off", your items are still visible and so the case should not be affecting your sales, as prospective buyers do not know it exists.
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Just to add, there does not appear to be any change to your pattern of sales, at least for the last 3 months.
Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

I disagree. The case has been open for approx a week, I consistantly sell 4-5 powder products a day, they have been affected. I have been fortunate to have a couple of large basketball card sales but powders are down! Beyond this ebay customer service is failing to remedy a problem caused by a new buyer & to which the buyer has admitted he hasn't paid for. I will not & should not have to wait 21 business days to have this issue settled - it is not my fault & if I continue to see a downturn because of a failure of customer service to act, I will escalate further.
Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

How do you receive payments for your sales?

Was the non sale going to be a fund transfer or PayPal?

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Paypal but item not received case was opened through ebay accidently by the buyer (by his own admission he thought he was sending a message to paypal?), even though a previous non-paying buyer claim was opened & closed through ebay.

I believe he wanted to pay with paypal but accidently selected direct bank deposit.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Well there's the problem as to why ebay have wiped their hands of it because of the direct deposit.

Has the accidental buyer gone to the case details at his end and clicked on close case 

if he did that then the case would be closed.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

He 84, a new ebay user & from what I can tell fairly computer illiterate. I have asked customer to close case & even referred him to customer service for help doing so but all he has done is left a message on case saying he doesn't wish to proceed, the payment did not go through his end & for this not to affect my standing. I have gone to Ebay repeatedly saying someone needs to help me get this case closed but their not interested & it is having an effect on my sales. Ebay encourages us as sellers to resolve issues quickly how about getting the same back when we need it?
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply