How to lodge a formal complaint against Ebay customer service?

I'm a seller who is losing daily sales due to Ebay customer service refusing to act on a void item not received case & an 84 year old, new user who is asking to close case but can't navigate the platform properly, despite my attempts to help. The customer service has been atrocious (not sure if it is India now?), it's costing me money & I would like to lodge a complaint so this doesn't happen to other users. Please help.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: How to lodge a formal complaint against Ebay customer...

I have just put on my conspirosy hat and am wandering what an 84 year old person would be buying from you in the first place?

Therefor surely they could have asked family members to help them fix the issue.

Are you positive it's not someone else doing this?

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

@31flavours wrote:

?? Because I understand sales metrics, know what is selling, frequency & since the case was opened the graph for a whole class of products has essentially gone to zero from a consistent sales point ?? With regard to other buyers not seeing a case opened - that's irrelevant. Ebay uses algorythms (like other platforms) to determine best match position, rankings etc If for instance 2 more cases are opened whilst this void one is open you think that won't affect metrics? 

Apparently you don't understand as much as you think you do.  You also dont seem to understand that your sales record is open viewing to the public.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Ebay is full of Fraud and corrupt doings. Now Ebay forces people download the ebay app to continue using their service even to buy and even to just browse. When you download their App you are updating your rights to whatever cruel illegeal thing that they want to find out from you or want you to sign up for without you even actually saying yes to, everything thing they want is automatically signed by you when you update or install the app. They need to be pulled up on this as this is how the online scammers get your details of your bank accounts, directly from ebay itself and ebay are part of it. Please pass on this message to everyone you know as nothing else can stop them doing this except by people not using this app. or buying anything through ebay. 

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks for dragging up an old thread that has nothing to do with your rant.

Ebay does not force anyone to download the app.

In fact, I would be very happy if no-one used it - it's less than useless.

Browse on ebay using the full site via your browser.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

What a load of nonsense

I browse eBay most days and I don't even own a smart phone let alone have the app and have never been told I have to download the app

If you have gone to some scam site that 'looks like eBay' that is on you

I won't be passing on false information

Certainly not off topic false information on a post from early 2021  (nearly three years ago)

If you are using a fake eBay site where 'scammers access your bank details' I suggest you be more careful as to what links you are clicking on and what apps you install from said fake scam site

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Break out the tinfoil Stawks and Sandy - Armageddon is coming.   🤣

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

@lickda_84 wrote:

Ebay is full of Fraud and corrupt doings. Now Ebay forces people download the ebay app to continue using their service even to buy and even to just browse. When you download their App you are updating your rights to whatever cruel illegeal thing that they want to find out from you or want you to sign up for without you even actually saying yes to, everything thing they want is automatically signed by you when you update or install the app. They need to be pulled up on this as this is how the online scammers get your details of your bank accounts, directly from ebay itself and ebay are part of it. Please pass on this message to everyone you know as nothing else can stop them doing this except by people not using this app. or buying anything through ebay. 

Thanks for the warning. I'll inform everyone I know right now. None use ebay, but I still think they should be informed, because you said so.

I will also go and delete the ebay app that I've never installed, purely because of your warning. I appreciate you taking the time to care for everyone like this. Where would we be without fake information?

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

You'd think so with the amount of highly imaginative drack that has been posted in the past few days

Let's see .........................

Buyers can be given negs

AU consumer law applies to overseas seller

Posting books costs 10$

Won an iPhone 15 for just $3 postage

And this to add to the pile 

Bunker down is I can say

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply