How to set up postage areas to use Sendle?

Hi peoples looking at using Sendle as my Shipper, the first item that will be going up on ebay will be boxed at 36cm Long 29cm High 31cm in depth so it's Parcel Size Carry-on 10kg + 40L with Sendle about $18 to most centres and that works for me.

Then it comes to regional as well as remote areas and the price increases surcharges etc just not sure how I can handle these areas is there a way of pushing the customer to ask for a quote in this case.

Thanks Sean

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to set up postage areas to use Sendle?

I occasionally post with Sendle and just set the flat rate for metro areas. In the description, I write that Sendle doesn't deliver to all areas, so to enquire if they may be in a remote area. You can also just mention what the extra surcharge would be or even add the surcharge to your item price.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

In these cases, your best option is to use eBay's rate tables to set up postage costs - you can specify different costs for several different areas or regions, so you can have one cost for metro areas and another cost for regional areas within the same state, and buyers are shown the cost for them when they view the listing as well as if / when they buy and pay.

More info on how to set up rate tables can be found here:

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/postage-rates

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for that will go and have a look at that now Ghost.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Just a question what happens if I don't put any amount in say one of the region boxes, not sure what it defaults to?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Unfortunately I haven't used rate tables myself as yet, so I don't really know how to set them up so they're all working A-ok, but in the info under the FAQs section, there's the following Q, so this may address that:

Do I have to set rates for all 15 regions?
No. You can set rates for all or some regions, or just one. If you don't set a rate, flat rates will apply.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks and much appreciated for that I will give it a go.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I occasionally post with Sendle and just set the flat rate for metro areas. In the description, I write that Sendle doesn't deliver to all areas, so to enquire if they may be in a remote area. You can also just mention what the extra surcharge would be or even add the surcharge to your item price.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply