I HAVE AN ITEM I AM UNSURE OF AND I DONT WANT TO LIST IT UNDER WRONG CATEGORY SO CAN SOMEONE HELP

dommiya
Community Member

ITS AN ANTIQUE FIGURINE JAPANESE OR CHINESE STON UNSURE ITS SHINY AND SOFT I THINK THE HEAD AND HANDS ARE IVORY CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I HAVE AN ITEM I AM UNSURE OF AND I DONT WANT TO LIST IT UNDER WRONG CATEGORY SO CAN SOMEONE HEL

Oh great, not only do we have people screaming at us, the spelling police are out in force too. Must be because the moon is near Mars tonight.

Spoiler
Or maybe because the moon will be near Saturn tomorrow night. Can't trust them there planets ya know. They make people do ungoodly fings 😄 😄 😄 😄
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: I HAVE AN ITEM I AM UNSURE OF AND I DONT WANT TO LIST IT UNDER WRONG CATEGORY SO CAN SOMEONE HEL

why should ivory be prohibited? there was/is a treaty about the selling of ivory, something about it had to have been made before 1940 or along those lines.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

And how do you prove that in an ebay listing?

Ebay is erring on the side of caution.

If you want to sell genuine ivory of the antique variety,

send it to an auction room.   They'll sort it out.

edit:  It must predate 1947

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Identifying-Antique-Ivory-Facts-Information-/10000000005958252/g.html

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

i think before commenting on the ability to sell ivory on ebay or anywhere else you should do some homework on the world wide ban on selling ivory.

not just have some vague idea of it being 'along those lines'

selling ivory if something that can get you in trouble, huge trouble, if you dont get it right.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I assume then you do not consdier the barbaric cruelty of it an issue?

At least that is how your comment reads to me, 'why should ivory be prohibited'

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply