I Need An Idiot's Guide to Downloading a Report (please)

I can't for the life of me figure out how to download a report to show transactions with defects - I had a defect for a transaction that was showing for several weeks, but every time I clicked the 'Download a report' link from the preview pop-up, I was prompted to sign in and then just arrived at a screen that said I had no transactions with defects.

After a few weeks that defect stopped being counted (I currently have the 3-month look back or evaluation), but now I have a different defect showing for something else and still get the same result when I try to download a report. 

So, if someone who has been able to successfully download a report could please provide a step by step guide letting me know what to click, where and when, just so I can clarify whether it's something I'm doing incorrectly, that would be awesome. TIA 🙂

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: I Need An Idiot's Guide to Downloading a Report (please)

I know about those reports chooks.

I want the defect report that is complete with the actual defects that are showing on the summary that eBay indicated to sellers would be available a couple of months ago,

According to my summary on this ID I have several other defects for not as described that don't appear on my ugly defective defect report

Message 31 of 53
Latest reply

I used the item numbers to find out which things i got defects on from eBay.1 was in April a RMW top i washed the day of posting that a thorn from a nasty bouganvillia bush.It put a tiny tiny hole on the shoulder,so i gave full refund & posted the top anyway so buyer wouldn't be cranky.The top was still good but not as described but i still got a defect from eBay not the buyer.

Message 32 of 53
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

Yeah that one! Looks like mine,as in 2 refunds on items & 1 neutral i think.

I will still learn how to do the mystical screen shot tomorrow though

you can have some fun with the screen shotting then, it is handy for making a long story short Cat Happy

Message 33 of 53
Latest reply

Ohh i love Trusted screen shot posts,it saves me looking up stuff & it makes me smile.

I needs Trusted to do a screen shot of how to do a screen shot & another of how to get it here Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 53
Latest reply

Now what good would an idiot's guide be to you, you are one of the wisest, most erudite posters on the boards, the rest of us may need an idiot's guide but I am sure anything approaching a rational explanation will work for you.

Hope you aren't holding your breath lol.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 35 of 53
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Now what good would an idiot's guide be to you, you are one of the wisest, most erudite posters on the boards, the rest of us may need an idiot's guide but I am sure anything approaching a rational explanation will work for you.

Who me? nahh, it couldn't be.... then who stole the cookie..oh, wait.

I've been Numpty Of The Year worthy several years running (nominee if not outright winner). Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

Spoiler
But, you know....>> ego << ... So I'll accept this as the soloution, thank you.  big smile

Now, if we could just get eBay to be rational, I would be so happy. 

Message 36 of 53
Latest reply

Where do buyers see their Defect Reports?

The one that shows how many bid retractions, requests for cancellation and NPB strikes?

Message 37 of 53
Latest reply

The reason why your German buyer is not showing as a defect is because Communication and Postage cost are explicitly excluded from the defect system.

Message 38 of 53
Latest reply

That might drive away the buyers who rack these things up though...through the guilt they will feel seeing their report sheet...we don't want buyers driven away, do we (sigh)

Blocked bidders list is a good thing to have, at least

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 39 of 53
Latest reply

Where do buyers see their Defect Reports

In the mirror Smiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 40 of 53
Latest reply