I Need An Idiot's Guide to Downloading a Report (please)

I can't for the life of me figure out how to download a report to show transactions with defects - I had a defect for a transaction that was showing for several weeks, but every time I clicked the 'Download a report' link from the preview pop-up, I was prompted to sign in and then just arrived at a screen that said I had no transactions with defects.

After a few weeks that defect stopped being counted (I currently have the 3-month look back or evaluation), but now I have a different defect showing for something else and still get the same result when I try to download a report. 

So, if someone who has been able to successfully download a report could please provide a step by step guide letting me know what to click, where and when, just so I can clarify whether it's something I'm doing incorrectly, that would be awesome. TIA ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Now what good would an idiot's guide be to you, you are one of the wisest, most erudite posters on the boards, the rest of us may need an idiot's guide but I am sure anything approaching a rational explanation will work for you.

Hope you aren't holding your breath lol.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 35 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

I'm in the same boat. I have tried to download a report since my first defect appeared, but get the same message you do. I tried downloading a report, using multiple options under the Detailed Seller Ratings reports on the left menu and still came up with nothing.

Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

Had similar experience.

In my case no corelation between number of defects in evaluation and the number in report.

I reckon you'd being doing everything right DG, but the defect generation process including reporting on same is just stuffed up at eBays end.

Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

Thanks guys, it's at least somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one with the issue. Really quite frustrating though. Smiley Frustrated

@thecatspjs wrote:

the defect generation process including reporting on same is just stuffed up at eBays end.

That wouldn't surprise me, unfortunately - I never really used to look at my DSRs that much but with the defect thing coming in I check at least once a week. Seeing one pop up is a little disconcerting when I am otherwise none the wiser as to any issues ๐Ÿ˜ž , so I kinda had my fingers crossed that there was some crucial step I was missing (on the assumption the transaction is actually there and not an anomaly). 

But then, that raises other questions - is seller perfomance going to be based on these seemingly phantom defects popping up, or what is returned in a report? Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

it does indeed rear its ugly head Cat Sad Cat Mad

Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

Hi,i go to Seller Dashboard,the screen with my seller rating pops up.

I click Download Report

Have to sign in again.

Next i click on expand in the blue,not download report.

It shows the items with defects (eBays idea of defects) the dates & item numbers.

Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

That is exactly what i do and the number of defects under expand or in report is very different from the number showing in evaluation summary.
Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

I thought I read somewhere that defects were not supposed to be counted until August?

Could that be why no-one can access the reports?

And please don't jump on me if I am wrong.....I am not a seller.

Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

Hi,i go to Seller Dashboard,the screen with my seller rating pops up.

I click Download Report

Have to sign in again.

Next i click on expand in the blue,not download report.

It shows the items with defects (eBays idea of defects) the dates & item numbers.

I follow the same steps, so I guess that's all good, but unfortunately (or not, I can't really tell at the moment lol) my screen doesn't have an expand button or link, it just keeps telling me there are no defects, despite one showing on the summary screen. 

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

Yeah,mine too after they changed it.Before then i had 3 not as described,now i have 6.I was just guessing i may have had a couple of 3 star ratings that i didn't know about from who knows when & eBay have added those to the new total.

Message 10 of 53
Latest reply