I am very confused I do a search and Get Overseas Listing Fistt

Hi Everyone

Thank you fot taking the time to Read this Post. I have a lot of items to sell but have no Idea as to there value. I do a search on eBay and they supply info from the UK ans USA. Some australian sellers are at the bottom of pages. I have searches set for Australia. Is this why Australian Sellers are not getting sales?

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I am very confused I do a search and Get Overseas Listing Fistt

From reading the boards, and my own experience over the past two days, there appears to be a number of glitches with some eBay search functions.

I have searched a number of items with no results at all coming up for the item, but I know there are listings for that item.  Repeated attempts eventually bring them up.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yes but why should we be getting Overseas listings when we require Australian Listings. This should not be happening. Is eBay trying to force us to buy from the UK or USA?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@spottymeg53 wrote:

Yes but why should we be getting Overseas listings when we require Australian Listings. This should not be happening. Is eBay trying to force us to buy from the UK or USA?

I truly think it is just a glitch.

I thnk it it started around the time they were doing maintenance on Friday. 

eBay is not really known as having the most reliable platform, so I don't think it is particularly unusual.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I truly think it is just a glitch.

I thnk it it started around the time they were doing maintenance on Friday. 

eBay is not really known as having the most reliable platform, so I don't think it is particularly unusual.

This has been going on for weeks if not months Not last Friday Sellers should be aware your listings will be well below UK and USA.

Example Do a search

Tiger 1983 Annual

It is listed first now but check the others who are in Australia down the bottom below UK and USA. Why???????

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

That's because the others below the line are not 1983 vintage.

It's turning up a search for other years

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I did the search Tiger 1983 Annual and came up with one in Australia and a few overseas.

Below those are Australian items that only have 2 of the key words e.g. Tiger + annual - they are not 1983 so won't be in the top of the search if you are using those 3 specific keywords.

If you search Tiger Annual you will get a different response (not limited to 1983)

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply