I have a discount for items purchased over $100 -where does it happen

I have a promotional discount for my listings - 20% for over $100 spend. I tried to invoice the buyer but could not add the discount.

Does it happen in paypal when the buyer commits to buy?  the buyer is asking me to apply the discount and I really do not know what to do

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I have a discount for items purchased over $100 -where does it happen

You don't need to.

You will get the full amount and eBay put in the $20.

The buyer needs to put in the code in checkout. Code is THANKYOU20

Edit - Actually your promo may be different to another currently circulating.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is a discount provided by ebay then the buyer must enter the code when going through Checkout and paying with paypal.

The seller does not have anything to do with it.

As your buyer knows about the discont then she needs to read the Terms and Conditions and follow them.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

If the buyer is trying to use a coupon or discount code provided by ebay or paypal, then as per the previous replies.

If it is a promotional discount you have setup yourself using promotions manager, then the buyer needs to add the item to the cart for the promotion to be applied.

If they use the Buy Now button instead, then the promotional discount won't be applied.

I have had long and heated arguements with ebay customer service over this issue which they maintain is not a problem but if a customer buys and uses the buy button then it certainly is a problem.

Another day, another ebay system bug !!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Excellent clarification allfix. Thanks. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply