I just got in "trouble" for ebays new address tracking.

Just took todays pile of mail down to my local PO and the guy scanning noticed ebays new input tracking code in the addresses of my parcel labels. Told me you aren't allowed to put extra information in the addressing section just the street or PO box, suburb, state, postcode. I told him it was ebays doing and I assumed ot had been organised with Australia Post but he had no knowledge of it nor did his manager the postmaster. So this makes me wonder just how useful even isvthis addition if AP don't even know about it? Has anyone else had comments on it from AP staff?
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

AP is a huge business and information regarding what head office does will not always flow on to staff at the local Post Office.  My guess it is not something that concerns them so no one told them. What the code does I am unsure but ebay has changed tracking information lately to show delivery dates although it is not very accurate compared to the AP tracking it still works.

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

Maybe this particular PO doesn't know what they are talking about:

This extract is from the Aust Post Addressing Guidelines -

7663 Address Standards Bro A/W - Australia Post

aust post address.JPG

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

If you are paid via Paypal always remove that code. It goes agaisnt the seller protection policy of Paypal.

Until it is included in the Paypal notification address I would remove it everytime and place the proper address in the 1st feild. I have posted multiple items with it removed and I have had no issue.

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

@ilce wrote:

If you are paid via Paypal always remove that code. It goes agaisnt the seller protection policy of Paypal.

Until it is included in the Paypal notification address I would remove it everytime and place the proper address in the 1st feild. I have posted multiple items with it removed and I have had no issue.

How?

Is is an addition, not a replacement. All the information provided to Paypal is still there.

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone at the Post Office didn't have a clue about something, or gave me totally false information. In my experience, it is more unusual if you get the correct advice from the Post Office, especially if they are a franchise Post Office.

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

If you use MyPost Business the label will fail due to incorrect address format.

Just edit the thing out and get on with business, this is just another piece of shoddy eBay programming.

(the reference on a label serves absolutely no purpose)

On a different note, I've noticed that lodgement is not updating.

Neither AP nor Sendle parcels are showing as accepted after 2 hours

(AP acceptances are normally updated within minutes)

I've no idea about Sendle but as I had a local delivery I thought I'd give them a go.

You don't get a lodgement receipt if dropping off either so a bit chancy I suspect

At $2.65 cheaper than AP they may get a fair bit more use though!

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

I printed out atleast 15 today with no issues with the ebay code. My guess is you may need to switch either manual or auto address to fix it. 

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

I have noticed that with other couriers when dropping items off they do not scan them till later. Dropped off an item worth around $2000 and had it insured but they do not scan till that night when they load the trucks. As it weighed 65kgs and was on a pallet I did not think it would get taken but still would have liked it to be scanned.

Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

To be eligible for PayPalโ€™s Seller Protection, you must meet all of the following requirements:

* You receive payment via PayPal from a buyerโ€™s PayPal account.
* You provide us with valid proof of shipment or proof of delivery.
* For eligible tangible items, unless we otherwise agree with you, you must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction.
Message 10 of 38
Latest reply