I just got in "trouble" for ebays new address tracking.

Just took todays pile of mail down to my local PO and the guy scanning noticed ebays new input tracking code in the addresses of my parcel labels. Told me you aren't allowed to put extra information in the addressing section just the street or PO box, suburb, state, postcode. I told him it was ebays doing and I assumed ot had been organised with Australia Post but he had no knowledge of it nor did his manager the postmaster. So this makes me wonder just how useful even isvthis addition if AP don't even know about it? Has anyone else had comments on it from AP staff?
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

A way around that is to not use Ebay postage labels or Australia Post, use Sendpro

https://www.pitneybowes.com/au/shipping/outbound-shipping-products-and-solutions/sendpro-sendle.html

much much cheaper from metro to metro and the courier will collect from your door the next day!

It's not competitive to Regional areas just yet but it's coming also will do International in some metro suburbs too!

try it!

Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

A way around that is to not use Ebay postage labels or Australia Post, use Sendpro

https://www.pitneybowes.com/au/shipping/outbound-shipping-products-and-solutions/sendpro-sendle.html

much much cheaper from metro to metro and the courier will collect from your door the next day!

It's not competitive to Regional areas just yet but it's coming also will do International in some metro suburbs too!

try it, as it looks like they (Australia Post) are using a very similar tracking method to Sendpro.

Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

Good grief.....does that mean that Sendle is affiliated with Pitney Bowes.

Heaven help any sellers who use it.....it will end up like the GSP.....overpriced and slow.

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

Well that snippet of information, if true, is worth keeping to the forefront of the brain.

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

Yeh me too, there would have to be buyers out there who deliberately buy two items, get sent two, then a few weeks later claim they only got 1 so end up getting 3!

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

G I hate that when buyers put suburb, then SYDNEY  as well.. but the small caps kills me the most..millenials no doubt

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

No insurance on international kind of makes the prices less attractive considering Aust. post now include up to $100. 

Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

Thanks for the info will watch and wait to hear any stories. But very interesting.

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply