I'm wondering if eBay isn't a little tad worried...

5kazam
Community Member

I received an email to complete a survey today - a TOTALLY DIFFERENT survey to the norm.

I did save the 3 most important pages - but somehow page 1 disappeared (total rats 'cos that one was the most telling of all).

If anyone else received the survey email, could they post that important page here.  

But here are the other two.  As you can see - different from other surveys.  

I'm really hoping someone can provide the missing page - it was a bit of an eye opener.  My response to the missing page was under Other - 'Consider ALL of the above boxes ticked'.  

Considering your recent selling experiences on eBay, please rate your level of satisfaction with eBay’s performance on the following elements.

Please use a 0 to 10 scale, where 0 represents 'Not at all satisfied' and 10 represents 'Extremely satisfied'.

Not at all satisfied 

Extremely satisfied 

Is a safe place to sell online

Delivers good value for fees paid to sell items

Has reasonable postage policies

Will protect me as a seller if something goes wrong

Provides easy to use website / mobile experience for selling

Rewards me for providing excellent service to buyers

What were the reason(s) for your bad selling experience(s) on eBay?

Select all that apply.

Buyer returned an item that was altered, broken, or different from what I originally shipped

Buyer did not pay for their item at all

Buyer made unreasonable demands

eBay unfairly removed my listing

Buyer opened an undeserved dispute/claim with eBay

I received undeserved negative feedback

Buyer claimed they did not receive the item in a timely manner

Buyer changed their mind and wanted to return the item

P&P was more expensive than expected

Buyer did not pay for their item in a timely manner

eBay unfairly sided with the buyer and refunded their money

Buyer claimed they did not receive the item after it was sent

Buyer claimed the item was fake

Buyer claimed the item was damaged when they received it

Buyer claimed the item received was not as described in the listing

Other (please specify) 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: I'm wondering if eBay isn't a little tad worried...

Yes, I think so..

Are you kidding me? not even carp spelled differently is allowed? that's so funny.. a harmless little word.. weird.. such standards are bizarre..coming from ebay.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

the bleeping of c r a p demonstrates to me the consistent lack of understanding of Oz culture .... and Oz sellers ingenuity Cat Happy

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

5kazam, I've completely deleted it. 😞 Can't retreive it.   I wonder if I contacted ebay and asked them nicely , could they send me another. NOT.  🙂 

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

Yes i noted the some & was amused Smiley HappySorry,i started to read that thread & got interrupted while babysitting .I think it's a great idea to come up with strategies to survive in the face of the madness.I wanted to read it with a clear sensible head,which occurs at times.Oh dear another interruption from my youngest spawn.

I have been reading the U.S P.S board & the guru of all clothes sellers,softersilk,so i will add her wisdom if you haven't included it already.

Or were you wanting a Vali-kudo,ok sure 'cos i like ya Cat LOL

Both tip and kudo will be fine.... fanks Cat Tongue

Off to slumber (without medicinal aids) putting eggs in other baskets makes one weary in a good way - night all

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

I've never been sent a survey....

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

Hmm really wow!!! I have been getting them once a month since about this time last year. Although that might also because sometimes I click on the link- "Tell us what you think" on the top of pages occasionally and make some suggestions... But this also gets you nowhere as well, they don't read them either. Although sometimes just writing a "stern suggestion", when the site is not performing how it should or whatever is happening that has made you frustrated with Ebay is some form of relief.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

I tried to have another look at the survey but I just get an error message

Thank you for your interest but it seems you have already finished this survey.

If it's like most corporate surveys that are done prior to major changes there'll be another one in a few months to compare the answers and then say "See, we told you this was what everyone wanted."

It's easy to get the answers you want just by asking the right questions of the right people.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

I tried to have another look at the survey but I just get an error message

Thank you for your interest but it seems you have already finished this survey.

If it's like most corporate surveys that are done prior to major changes there'll be another one in a few months to compare the answers and then say "See, we told you this was what everyone wanted."

It's easy to get the answers you want just by asking the right questions of the right people.

the touch of corporate spin influences every aspect of "its operations"  without a doubt

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

The first thing I wondered was how many sellers who received this survey have actually experienced the issues outlined in the OP? It would be easy for eBay to check most of that sort of thing (eg PayPal disputes, negs).

I know a lot of people are worried about those things, but if a respondant hasn't experienced them personally, the results will remain relatively positive. 

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply